Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After having purchased new Denso HT leads and spark plugs from the USA at half the UK cost and armed with the printed out proceedure from Lexls I did the job yesterday and success.

The leads were OEM type so they fitted correctly into the clips.

The only minor problem was releasing the clip on the NS bank coil as it is a bit confined but luckily the retaining clip just broke off so it wasn't too bad.

The only thing I did find was that the instructions did not mention this same coil cable passes through a grommit/hole in the wire/upper timing belt cover ( the one that says V8 32 valve on it).

Took about 3 hours inbetween showers and fired up 1st turn of the key so being my 1st V8 I am pretty chuffed.

Also had a look inside the throttle body while the air intake was off and even with 48,000 on the clock it is still as clean as a whistle in there both the trac butterfly and the throttle butterfly.

After having purchased new Delco HT leads and spark plugs from the USA at half the UK cost and armed with the printed out proceedure from Lexls I did the job yesterday and success.

The leads were OEM type so they fitted correctly into the clips.

The only minor problem was releasing the clip on the NS bank coil as it is a bit confined but luckily the retaining clip just broke off so it wasn't too bad.

The only thing I did find was that the instructions did not mention this same coil cable passes through a grommit/hole in the wire/upper timing belt cover ( the one that says V8 32 valve on it).

Took about 3 hours inbetween showers and fired up 1st turn of the key so being my 1st V8 I am pretty chuffed.

Also had a look inside the throttle body while the air intake was off and even with 48,000 on the clock it is still as clean as a whistle in there both the trac butterfly and the throttle butterfly.

BEWARE... Ive just got my 96 LS400 back from Lexus Chester where I took it to get a bad misfire sorted out. The reason I took it to the dealer was because in April I replaced the plugs and leads with ones I had bought from Rock Auto, so I assumed they would be OK and not causing the problem. I had the cambelt, water pump and tensioner replaced at the same time. The cause of the misfire was the plug leads, apparently internally arcing. Lexus ones have been fitted and the car now runs so smoothly it feels like its not running when it ticks over. I wont be fitting any non Lexus parts in future, this little episode has cost me £1100, but taught me a lesson. Cheaper parts are not worth the hassle. Paul

I was going to change my plugs last night. 186k leaves approx 2mm of thick oily grime on everything the engine-side of the throttle plate. The engine's now in bits whilst I clean everything :blink:

It's been a week now since I did the leads/plugs and no problems have occured.

The original ones were date stamped at 1994 so were original but the Denso ones I used are exactly the same so I would assume that Toyota use the Denso types as OEM.

Also changed the air filter today with a genuine Toyota one and this is marked as Denso also.

On My 430 nearly all the parts are marked" Denso" I assume there must be a connection with Toyota?

Yes same, here I think Denso make the OEM stuff for Toyota because they have both the Denso and Toyota names on them and the Toyota part numbers

On My 430 nearly all the parts are marked" Denso" I assume there must be a connection with Toyota?

Yes same, here I think Denso make the OEM stuff for Toyota because they have both the Denso and Toyota names on them and the Toyota part numbers

I've seen Denso parts on Honda's as well, they are a Japanese electrical compoenents maker, so they probably supply Toyota/Lexus/Honda and the other Japanese car makers as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links