Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newibe Here, Thinking Of Buying A Is200

antIS200

hello everyone,

well its time to get a new car, have had 3 car, which 2 were french, so time to get something more reliable, i been having a good look at the is200.

I quite like these cars can anyone tell what i got to look out for when buying one,

also whats the fuel comsumption like on one of these whats the average mpg?

also whats the parts like?

i have found a is200, its in burnt orange,

89000 miles, v reg 1999

is200 se pack,

£4795, with park ex on my car will cost £3300

what do you people think ??

i think the milage is high ish but how good are these engines in them, do they go on for 10000 and 10000 of miles

what have got to look out for on a car with this millage?

good deal for the money?

i just slighty stuck at the moment, really nice car but just dont want to buy it and in 6 months time, things go wrong

thanks everone

anthony

Hi,

Average mpg is 28 on the manual IS200.

Reliabilty is very good, it has come top of surevy's every year. Like all cars there are some that have problems but the majority are very well behaved. I have had mine about a year and a half and not had a problem with it.

If you look in the for sale section, there are a few for in there. But what you want is a royal saphire blue IS200 sport, o funnily enough i have one for sale :whistling:

Overall these are great cars and you shouldnt have many probelms.

Common faults are:

CD player error 3 problem (older models, bottom loading)

Water pump leaking

Pitting alloy wheels

Easily chipped paintwork

As long as the car is looked after then you shouldnt have many problems and they do go on forever.

Thanks guys. well i thought that was the colour, thats whats it avertised as, lol :whistling:

also is that a good price for the year, model and millage, the car in very good condition, had some spray job on bonnet most prob due to motorway driving, looks like no1 every sat inside it lol.

Not a bad price I paid £4200 with 74k on the clock 19 months ago for mine but it had a couple of issues, mainly bought it to bring it back to it's best not far off now but finances are abit stretched with the way things are at the mo, bonnet re-spray will be due to stone chips, i've always liked the BURNT ORANGE :lol: only messing Chris ;) sounds like a good buy but like I said before check the cambelt if it's been company car it should have been done.

What's wrong with calling it burnt orange? I know aztec fire is it's name, but if you were to describe the colour, I actually think burnt orange is a decent description :tomato:

so how does everyone find these is200, around town you cant really put ya foot down, but what they like out of town, do they go well when ya plant ya foot :whistling: lol

or do you have to give it some revs to wind them up,,

thanks anthony

so how does everyone find these is200, around town you cant really put ya foot down, but what they like out of town, do they go well when ya plant ya foot :whistling: lol

or do you have to give it some revs to wind them up,,

thanks anthony

Not really designed for speed matey more for the feel than the power, if want to give it some then you do need to work with the revs and keep em up, but it's best to get a feel for the car before you start trying to find out what it can do especially if your not used to RWD. Just be warned if you keep your foot planted you'll spend more time on the forecourt than on the road :whistling: my advice use the power only when suitable ;)

What's wrong with calling it burnt orange? I know aztec fire is it's name, but if you were to describe the colour, I actually think burnt orange is a decent description :tomato:

Yeh i must admit i do describe it as burnt orange myself :whistling::lol:

Haha :lol:

They're not fast cars, but quick enough to enjoy it. Plus the engine makes a fantastic noise, it's a pleasure to rev it a bit :winky:

thanks everyone for the replys.

also whats the parts like, are they that expensive, and would i have to spend lots on a lexus thats done 89000 miles,

anthony

i dont think the parts are any more expensive than other brands,remember you dont have to go to the main dealer for parts.

make sure it has service history :)

what car are you driving now?

well is been serviced every 12000 looking at the history spikes, 2 by main dealer and others by another gargae,

its got 89000 miles, whats thing can go wrong on them at this millage, also is it an good deal for 4795 + px.

at the moment i driving a saxo vts,

anthony

Cambelt sorry for repeating this but check it's been done as I said earlier mines a 99 with 82k on the clock i've had it 19 months the only thing thats gone wrong is the wheel bearing which cost me £160 all in apart form that no probs what so ever apart from those caused by either me or vandals :angry:

well is been serviced every 12000 looking at the history spikes, 2 by main dealer and others by another gargae,

its got 89000 miles, whats thing can go wrong on them at this millage, also is it an good deal for 4795 + px.

at the moment i driving a saxo vts,

anthony

sounds like a good history,just make sure the cam belt has been done if not get them to do it in the price or knock the price down .

remember the price of a lexus is always more than most other cars,i have seen cheaper but they are cheap for a reason

if your still not 100% sure get some one to check it over for you,have you test drove the car yet? and does it come with any warranty

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my IS200 for about two weeks and am really pleased with it.

Funny how people say different things about the IS200 performance. I came from a MG ZS180, 140mph+ and 0-60 in a touch under 7 seconds (it was modded), and haven't been disappointed with the Lexus performance. Of course it's slower than my last car, but it's designed to be a very smooth and refined car, so you're never going to get a big feeling of speed anyway. I'm happy to sacrifice the acceleration for the refinement. The brakes and handling are brilliant on the Lexus anyway, so most of the time you can get down the road just as quick. You just don't try and drag race people down straight roads - which is a bit daft anyway really!

The only real downside with the IS200 is it should be quicker given the amount of fuel it drinks - i.e. my MG was a LOT quicker and slightly more economical too even with a 2.5 V6 vs. the 2.0 of the IS. But the IS is a heavier better built car.

• 3 weeks later...

hi every, decided to tell everyone on the outcome on the is200 i looked at, Well where do i start. Well it look brilliant to me, so i decided to get a panal beater in to check over it. Glad i did really passanger and rear door had been re-sprayed badly, paintwork was flat in places, never noticed that one, lol Also door handles had started to bubble really bad and the bumpers well differnt colour completly, When i looked at the car when it was over cast weather, when i look at it detail it was really hot and sunny, glad i got him to look at it..

So since then decided to look for a is200 sport, either in blue or gray,,

nothing come up yet that not to far away and in my price range, and cheaper tax bracket.

anthony

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links