Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

sorry if i sound dumb........ but i have a 1996 ( april ) ls 400..... an amazing car ,the best i have ever drove,

and my previous cars are bmw 750il,,, jag soverign 4.0, jag xjrs 6.0,,,, bmw 740i (4.4v8) saab 95. . 2.3 turbo (sorry)..... what mk is my ls400 ????????

sorry if i sound dumb........ but i have a 1996 ( april ) ls 400..... an amazing car ,the best i have ever drove,

and my previous cars are bmw 750il,,, jag soverign 4.0, jag xjrs 6.0,,,, bmw 740i (4.4v8) saab 95. . 2.3 turbo (sorry)..... what mk is my ls400 ????????

SHOULD BE MK 2

SHOULD BE MK 2

I HAVE SAME CAR SAME YEAR

SHOULD BE MK 2

I HAVE SAME CAR SAME YEAR

NEXT MODEL CHANGE 1998 SOME PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

Does get confusing when you start talking of 'Generations' 'Evolutions' and 'Series'.

The generally accepted terms for the Lexus LS400 are as follows

Mark 1 1990-1992

Mark 2 1993-1994

Mark 3 1995-1997

Mark 4 1998- 2000

2000 on X plate -Lexus LS430

Does get confusing when you start talking of 'Generations' 'Evolutions' and 'Series'.

Mark 1 1990-1992

Mark 2 1993-1994

Mark 3 1995-1997

Mark 4 1998- 2000

THANKS FOR INFO IVE GOT A MK 3 THEN ARE SERVICING PARTS SAME AS MK 2

Mark 1 1990-1992

Mark 2 1993-1994

Mark 3 1995-1997

Mark 4 1998- 2000

Absolutely. Mind you, Lexus UK still think their LS430 was introduced in Sept 1998. After three attempts, I have given up trying to get them to correct it. (I must have Asperger's or something)

It's a series 3 and will have the gated transmission shift where the series 1 and 2 had the straight forwards and backwards shift.

Leonc17 please take your caps lock off you're hurting my ears with all that shouting :whistling:

Simple really. Mk 2 had separate spotlights in bumper. Mk 3 had single headlight-built in spots.

Can email copy of Setright 'Car' article to anyone who sends me their email address.(There are 2 pages -can't get other to load here)

No.
been told all service psrts same mk2 and mk3

i am sure the parts will not find the mk3 as the mk2 as a diff engine compeared to the mk3

the mk3's are the better ones unless you have a mk4 look better and better insides i think

No.
been told all service psrts same mk2 and mk3

i am sure the parts will not find the mk3 as the mk2 as a diff engine compeared to the mk3

the mk3's are the better ones unless you have a mk4 look better and better insides i think

i am still sure plugs belts fiters all the same both models bet

Mines a JDM series 2, yellow fogs integral with the headlight units, no bumper spots and something I only found out the other day the exhaust rear box hangers face outwards where the LS ones face in!

Talking of parts compatability I bought a genuine Lexus oil and air filter on fleabay the other day for a 96 but the part #'s are the same as my 94.

At £14.00 delivered I think I saved money?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links