Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Drilled & Grooved Disks To Buy?

Khurmit

Hi Guys,

Been looking for a front & rear set of Drilled & Grooved brake disks for my '04 IS200 LE.

I saw the RotorDisc ones rotordiscfitted1(3).jpg but heard some scare stories about them causing pads to crumble and also that they are actually smaller than the standard disks! Anyone else heard anything good/bad about them? I saw someone at the LOC WIM Knowledge Meet with them on, but never got to speak to the owner.

Anyway, I haven't resigned myself to those so am open to suggestions for any other makes etc.

CHeers :D

post-21755-1216757271.jpg

Lexus 2D has them on hers. (Silver IS)

That picture appears to be Deanorows car (used to be DAZA W).

I like the look of them but like you said then braking area would be smaller than standard but i'm sure 2D will comment on how shes found them.

Stav

i meant to ask trudi about them to see if they were any better after talking to yaumeister and anees about groved and drilled discs at the wim meet cos im gonna need some soon and was gonna buy some mintex

slightly :offtopic:

I'm loving the Mintex Pads (all round) & goodridge hoses set up

(on OE non drilled/grooved discs)

Ive got Mintex pads already - our local Discount Parts store sells em and we've been using them on all our cars (Clio, Pug205, Accord etc) for ages !

Neva thought they were anything special though, until I fitted them to my Lex - when they heat up they make the brakes feel really good (sort of like the pads are covered with something sticky and they jsut won't let the disk turn) Would definately recommend em and they are cheaper than anything else (which surprises me - perhaps you guys are using some special race mintex or something?)

Where is Lexus 2D? Please give us your opinions!

Whats this about hoses as well? I may have missed a trick here......Tell me more. Link perhaps?

Got my Densos, Grom kit, boot lip spoiler, etc today so gonna fit em when i get home tonight. Ohhhhh why do I have to work for a living :angry:

Helloooooooooooo im here lol :lol:

Iv got them on the front with mintex extreme pads

I didnt realy notice any difference & iv probably got used 2 them now :blush:

If id have known @ the meet u could have had a go 2 c what u thought

sorry im not much help :blush:

2294267548_6e3c9e01ce.jpg

i bought the grooved and drilled discs from eBay a few weeks back.

worked out at £190 for the front and rear discs then i bought the mintex pads seperate on eBay.

hadnt really noticed much difference to be honest.

i bought them purely just for looks tho.

odviously if they were worse than factory id of taken them off

i bought the grooved and drilled discs from ebay a few weeks back.

worked out at £190 for the front and rear discs then i bought the mintex pads seperate on ebay.

hadnt really noticed much difference to be honest.

i bought them purely just for looks tho.

odviously if they were worse than factory id of taken them off

You got the Rotordisc ones right? I'm gonna get them then - doesn't sound like there are major probs with them and I don't really hammer the car much....Thanks for your help Lexus 2D - we must talk at the next meet.

:offtopic: I fitted my Grom kit yesterday and it's great! no more Tape thingy whirrring away.

:offtopic: I also bought Philips BlueVision fog bulbs and think they're an absolute waste of money. They look almost identical to the orig lexus ones - the only thing I can think is that the Fogs have some sort of filter in that makes any bulb colour look yellow. Anyone confirm? My aim is to get the fogs same colour as my HIDs.

:offtopic: I also bought Philips BlueVision fog bulbs and think they're an absolute waste of money. They look almost identical to the orig lexus ones - the only thing I can think is that the Fogs have some sort of filter in that makes any bulb colour look yellow. Anyone confirm? My aim is to get the fogs same colour as my HIDs.

I had the blue vision type bulbs before. Looked really good when all lights were like it, as soon as I put the hids on, they looked yellow. Basically, I don't think there is a bulb out there that will ever look like a hid bulb.

U could come 2 my meet on Sunday lol :lol:

I just got mine 4 looks & wouldnt fancy payin the goin price 4 them :unsure:

How much did you pay? According to their site it'll be ~£370 ex delivery. Does sound expensive doesn't it but hopefully fleebay is cheaper.

I have noticed no-one has given any suggestions for anything else.........Come on guys there must be more than one mfr of Drilled & Grooved disks for the lexy?

:offtopic: only thing I can think is that the Fogs have some sort of filter in that makes any bulb colour look yellow. Anyone confirm? My aim is to get the fogs same colour as my HIDs.

You may be correct there on some later models, but I am not certain and I am sure another member can confirm..

However he only way to get the same true colour/brightness is by fitting HID's to the Fogs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links