Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Intercooler Upgrade/replacement

.....and not forgetting the KITT voice on the satnav commands :tomato:

I have Mr.T on my PDA with TomTom :lol:

Make the LEDs red and get one of these..........Knight Rider Satnav B)

Can't help thinking those LEDs will look weird lighting up just that one section of the bumper........will wait to see what it looks like in the flesh before passing judgement though :)

What's the other mod btw? The anticipation is killing me :hehe:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... thinking those LEDs will look weird lighting up just that one section of the bumper........will wait to see what it looks like in the flesh before passing judgement though :)

What's the other mod btw? The anticipation is killing me :hehe:

It's not one section of the bumper, it is the intercooler that will be illuminated, the top section behind the sports grille has nothing to

reflect the light (black aircon rad) and trust me will look very nice at night, plus remember I won't be driving around all the time at

night with this lit up. It will be used sparingly.....this pic may give a better idea

22072008388.jpg

as for the other mod, well done Tigerfish & Stav :winky:

It's a big one, but was free :lol: (how many times can you say that and get away with it ?!?!?!)

As for the LED's, you work in an industry where most Trucks have hundreds of lights on them on the cab superflous to requirements.

I also reserve comment as you are a nice guy :whistling:

No no no...they are needed coz you'll be surprised how many car drivers dont see trailers or cabs, it gives a perspective on height/width.

As for the LED's, you work in an industry where most Trucks have hundreds of lights on them on the cab superflous to requirements.

No no no...they are needed coz you'll be surprised how many car drivers dont see trailers or cabs, it gives a perspective on height/width.

Found you on the web :winky:

352161390_ff89a66eb0_o.jpg

However, a slightly larger intercooler, with adequate shielding and in a good path of cool air WILL see an increase, but nominal. further modifications will be required.

out of interest what effect would a nitrous or water spray have on the intercooler as a friend has it fitted on his subaru

(i was told it increases boost?)

Some cars have water spray system for the intercooler, controlled from a switch on the dash

like the IS200's headlamp washers. The theory is the water spray cools the intercooler, which

further reduces the intake air temperature, and cool intake air is what you want to make more

horsepower. The nitrous is injected into the cylinders and increases horsepower in very short spurts,

(too much for too long equals melted pistons).

Pete ask wozza about the 32 tonner that he pulled out of in front off when in france :whistling:

broad daylight as well :shutit:

new i/c looks nice wozza. thought the standard s/c setup pushes max of 0.4 bar boost?? urs is at 0.5 though....

full credit to u for attempting the change over, u'll have to let us know if the AFR is affected, as there is much talk it will be as with the standard i/c its on the edge of leanness.

not sure on those lights though mate, but its certainly different.

rob

new i/c looks nice wozza. thought the standard s/c setup pushes max of 0.4 bar boost?? urs is at 0.5 though....

full credit to u for attempting the change over, u'll have to let us know if the AFR is affected, as there is much talk it will be as with the standard i/c its on the edge of leanness.

not sure on those lights though mate, but its certainly different.

rob

0.3 bar or 4psi is the max for the TTE setup, but because Woz's is an auto and the way it changes gear, it overboosts during changes.

Stav

Looks nice. The LEDs are a very original idea, I'd like to see the effect in the flesh.

BTW my crash bar has not been cut, there is enough room for the Katana to fit.

this thread is useless without a dyno graph :P

Wozza - just say your car has 300bhp ;) Because you say it, we believe it :P (I feel the Wozza Etch A Sketch making an appearence :whistling:)

well i recon the LED = +100bhp

the car has lost weight ANGLE GRIND ME UP

i recon the camera gotta make it faster so not gonna over speculate but if a single resistir chip can give a +25bhp i recon the camera circuit getting to at least a +plus 80bhp

so its well over the 300bhp mark now he he

very original mate B) nice job
Looks nice. The LEDs are a very original idea, I'd like to see the effect in the flesh.

BTW my crash bar has not been cut, there is enough room for the Katana to fit.

Thanks guys some nice pics for you to follow.

Apologies Yemgi, I'm sure I saw on LOC a TDi involved thread they had to cut a chunk out of the crash bar on an IS200 to fit the Katana.

Anyways as requested some night-time pictures. I found it difficult getting a true picture however as it either seemed to be over exposed

and the lights are actually too bright, or under exposed with realistic lighting but the car comes out duller than it should be.... :huh:

To give you a true idea how bright the light from the LED's on the intercooler actually is, I only had my sidelights on, and they are of similar

brightnes to the I/C LEDs........if the sidelights and I/C lights look too bright, that is only a photographic effect.

IntercoolerNightShots7.jpg

IntercoolerNightShots1.jpg

I know opinions will differ, but I think they look awesome with the top picture being a truer representation, but they will still only be used

sparingly maybe pulling into a meet at night etc...

With PCIronmike's help some video was taken too of the car showing the illuminated I/C at night, & the Pulsing Brake Lights given to me by Gord.

th_IntercoolerNightShotsVideo2.jpg

Also with over 150 miles in the car today and the ECU learning, I am pleased to say the missing peak boost is slowly returning....

yesterdays peak boost

IMAG0203.jpg

peak boost tonight

Boost2.jpg

I know it's not much from 0.45 bar to 0.5 bar, but it is a definate improvement since yesterday.

As its a driven component the pressure will be the same at the same RPM regardless of the ECU learning or being reset.

Wozza - at what RPM are you getting .5 or close to .5 bar pressure? If its possible can u tell me the pressure at 5K RPM?

Thanks rob

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links