Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaving Lexus

Well, the time has come to let my Lexus go. With fuel costs as they are it is simply making me resent paying stupid amounts of money for relatively few miles each month. Also it's getting to the stage where the car needs little bits of money spending on it - scuffs repaired, new tyres, tax renewal, insurance renewal and so on and with the potential of a new house in the next year or so, I can do without fuel costs of £300+ per month!

It's a real shame because I like owning the car, I just don't like paying for it and now I'd rather have disposable cash in my bank rather than disposing OF cash at my local Esso!

So, on friday, after 18 months of somewhat turbulent ownership, the Lexus gets a new home. Didn't get the price I wanted for it, but c'est la vie.

Don't know what it will be replaced with yet - nothing planned yet but it'll be something small and likely a bit older. I calulated last night that since I passed my test 9 years ago I've lost £26500 in depreciation alone on my cars and I'm not prepared to do that anymore.

I'm yet another casualty of Gordon Brown.

It's been a pleasure with you all over the past 18 months. I know we've had our differences in opinions but this is without a doubt one of the friendliest forums I've ever been on and I hope it continues.

Wish everyone all the best, I'll be back again before she goes.

Keith :)

BTW - if anyone wants the HID kit out of the car, it's available. Cost me £250 new a few months ago - x2 ballasts, all wiring, x2 working bulbs, all in original box - offers invited and no reasonable offer refused.

Sorry to see you go mate, like you say, a roof over your head is more important than a car.

Hope your next car is just as reliable as your IS200.

That's nearly 3k a year in depreciation alone!!!!

I say get something older but BIGGER!

Why not get a 1994-1998 LS400 with a LPG conversion and waft around enjoying the V8 with half price fuel and ordinary road tax?

I for one will miss your grumpy posts :shifty:

That's nearly 3k a year in depreciation alone!!!!

I say get something older but BIGGER!

Why not get a 1994-1998 LS400 with a LPG conversion and waft around enjoying the V8 with half price fuel and ordinary road tax?

I for one will miss your grumpy posts :shifty:

Hehe, I'm not grumpy, just moody and passionate about things lol! Typical artist!

Want something small, easy to park and so on.

Tell me about it. £3k per year is frightening. That's why I'm considering older used cars for a while! Can't lose any more money like that.

Is 3k a year in depreciation really that much? If you've been buying new cars then I think you've done pretty well.

I agree with you though in principle, buying an older car makes good financial sense plus you can buy a classy older car with all the depriciation kicked out of it :)

Hi Keith, sorry to see your selling mate i am in eaxctly the same boat apart from i've not sold mine yet!

Like everyone says stick around, i am going to keep causing mischief on here even without my lex so i expect you to join me and do the same :D

Thanks everyone!

Slight change of plan. I came to empty out the car this evening, and I just felt physically sick when I thought about doing it. Furthermore I've had news from the garage that they've dropped their offer a further £300. Add both of these together and it means only one thing:

My baby is staying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may whine about the cost of running it, but when push comes to shove, I just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links