Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handling Questions ?

shanem

Hi,

I want to make my Tezza more solid on the bends, what mods do you recommend for this?

Ive ordered a front TRD stru brace (just for the look more than anything :)) would only having a front strut brace improve the handling or would it be wise to get a rear one aswell?

Its the rear that feels the most unsteady to me... Ive had the back end slide out on me in the wet a couple of times and it almost gives me a heart attack when it happens :o

Ive also thought about getting some lowering springs, but not sure which to buy ?

Cheers guys :)

Hi Shane,

I have TTE RED Anti-Roll Bars on my IS200 and they are simply the best mod on my car. They make a huge difference.

The rears are adjustable (mine are set om the stiffest setting).

Eibach or Hotchkiss make good ones at around £300 :D

(the TTE ones are discontinued and will be hard to get hold of)

Back end sliding out? thats the whole point of an RS200 ... :lol:

What tyres have you on it?

Strut braces are the final bit of stiffening IMHO and most are just for show ... you won't notice any difference "road driving" ...

Lowering springs you can't go wrong with Eibachs

As Wozza said fitting stiffer ARB's will reduce body roll through the bends.... Prolex have cusco ARB's for a good price and you'll have no problem selling on the Cusco's in the future if you de-mod the car... (stick them up in Tezzaworld for half price and someone would bite your hand off)

If your planning on changing the wheels I'd recommend fitting 8" wide rims with a good premium tyre and put 225 on the front and 245 on the rear and you'll be stuck to the road...

good luck

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I think i'll go for the job lot then, Anti-Roll Bars, rear strut brace and lowering springs ;)

Noel maybe it will fun when i get used to it, but at the moment it scares the life out of me lol.... Im sure i'll be drift racing in no time hehe ;) I have Zeetex HP101 tyres, they were new on the car when i bought it a few months ago, never heard of them to be honest...

Cheers for the advice :)

Shane

I have Zeetex HP101 tyres, they were new on the car when i bought it a few months ago, never heard of them to be honest...

Cheers for the advice :)

Shane

Ah ... then that is the problem, those tyres were designed for a warmer climate than we have over here so they're still "cold" and not gripping the way they were designed...

I had the same issue when i got my Tezza as it had Dunlop Direzza's and although there was lots of thread left the back end was breaking away all the time....

Try Goodyear F1's and you won't know yourself ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Try Goodyear F1's and you won't know yourself ;)

best handling mod for the Altezza's. Start with good tyres and go from there. Fit the rear anti roll bar first, drive it for a bit and through it around some bends, then fit the front and see can you notice a difference. Had a front strut on my old Altezza, it was just a bit of bling under the bonnet, didnt make a bit of difference to the handling