Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Someone keyed my car on both side (front left to rear left wing plus the doors+front right to rear left plus both doors totaly 8 panels).

The scratches are so deep on 7 pannels, and need a respray. The cheapest qutation i got is arround £850. Is it worth respraying now or wait for 2 years and do it just before i change the car. Also is that price reasonable?

Thnx

RuSh

Getting a car resprayed is so wide ranging! You can get a cover up job for a couple of hundred quid But is it worth it?

You can get a really good job and at £850 that is what I would expect.

Regarding leaving it for 2 years to be honest it would drive me around the bend to look at it everyday!

Also it gets harder to match the paint the older it gets. i.e. When you come to sell it 2 years down the line there will probably be a noticeable difference so people will ask why? You will tell them the car was keyed! They will probably think that you are hiding something worse like a non disclosed accident.

Personally I would get the work done sooner rather than later.

But that is only my opinion and you did ask.

Terry

Sorry to hear about the damage, sounds awful.........

Depends whether you can live with it everyday, then you could leave it till when you sell the car - if it was me, I couldn't so would get it repaired asap! £850 actually sounds quite cheap for that much bodywork, I'd expect it to cost more. I paid £500 to have a bumper, rear skirt and lip spoiler painted and fitted - so for 8 panels, that's a pretty good price :)

Price is excellent considering the damage:assume you were in "a foreign hostile area when the Low-Life struck!

Tel

Thanx Guys,

I was going to respray as soon as it happened, but my wife said what if they key it again after the respray :o

Every time i look at those scratches it hurts me man, if I catch those B*****ds who did it I will kill them.

You might want to have word with a "Chips away" type company. They are really good, and even if they can't do the whole car, they might just be able to do some of the panels for £50-80 each...might save you a bit of cash and they can do a really good job....

Jealousy...that's what it is...hope it gets sorted soon buddy...

How about insurance? PM Saracen - I seem to recall his IS was done over a couple of years ago...

• 2 weeks later...
You might want to have word with a "Chips away" type company. They are really good, and even if they can't do the whole car, they might just be able to do some of the panels for £50-80 each...might save you a bit of cash and they can do a really good job....

Jealousy...that's what it is...hope it gets sorted soon buddy...

How about insurance? PM Saracen - I seem to recall his IS was done over a couple of years ago...

Get it done on the insurance. Someone took a rock to the nearside of mine when it was a month old. Cost me £100 excess for the vandalism. Whole side painted, immaculate job done by the Lexus approved paintshop from Lexus Chester. 3 months later I noticed a paint fault on the offside rear door, whole of offside and the rear bumper resprayed (next door neigbour had a blonde moment but owned up to it). There is absolutley no difference discernible from the original paint job and it is two years old this month. I could not have looked at the car every day with that damage, and as to them doing it a again, I've found that a double barreled shotgun works wonders ;-] !!