Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

30k Mile Service

Hi,

I just joined, I'm a newbie so take it easy on me.........

I have a 2k RX 300 (bought used with 38K on it) My wife was going to have the 30K mile service done today and they told her it would be $511.00. Well we needed some other warranty work done and the oil changed too, she had no idea the 30K service would be so much and I was not with her, (I would probably bit the bullet and gone ahead and had it done) so she said she would wait. The car now has 41K and I want to get it done, but I work on my own cars allot, and want to know exactly what is done at that service. She said "fluid change" was on the list, but because I was not there I did not get to see exactly what they do. Is there a FAQ or something somewhere that will tell me exactly what is done at every service interval?

TIA

John

PS we are out of town, right now and near a Lexus dealer, we do not have one in the small community I live in, that is one of the reasons we were going to have it done as we have access to our familys other cars and can do without it for a day or 2. Can a Toyota dealer do the work? or can you do it yourself? What fluids get changed? If they change the brake fluid and power flush the tranny I can see why the cost of 500 bux, but if they are just checking fluids, then I feel it's a little high.

The lexus manual in the glove compartment should contain a list of services and its details.

The 'fluids change' is listed a among the items but what fluids is left out.

You would probably need to ask the service tech for that. Maybe the lexus service/repair manual would specify that. Im not sure and not willing to shell out a few hundred $$$ for it either.

Ive heard of people heading to toyota dealers for oil changes but I havent heard of any going there to do a major service.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links