Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oe Cd Player Gone Pop............so......

Hi all , as some of you know a few weeks ago I had a problem with the oe cd player , a disc got jammed in and with numerous attempts ( a la fuse removal God knows how many times ) it bit the dust due to mainly........er !! ME . I removed the H/U and had the lid off and I retrieved the jammed cd , I nearly had it beat but the working of the unit was erratic , ie it would work then it would jam again , it seemed like a sync problem with the two sides that move to pick up the disc and after a few attempts and for you who have done this type of repair , those two idiotic springs that hold the carriage down , well I removed and refitted those a dozen times . Then Eureka!!! it was working , sweet I thought but it was shortlived it jammed again as soon as I refitted it back into the car and wiped it all down loaded the cd's and played the first one it jammed again . I was gutted , so I took it all out again , by this time I could feel the red mist coming down and upon retrieval of the cd's I went on to smash it inside with a screwdriver then drop kicked it down the road while screaming " If your not going to F*****g work don't F****** tease me you B*****d . So i've been soundless for a week or so but now I have an aftermarket JVC dvd player and its all installed , the only thing I have to do is adapt the final peice of facia which finishes off around the screen and its all done , if I can say a thankyou to whoever makes the facia kit , its spot on , it all goes together and all fits in and bolts up where it should , Quality anyway thanks for listening to my rants and here's a few pics I took during the job hope you like it coz I think its mustard .

Regards

Paul

P.S. dont forget the final surround is still in paint , OK I'll post more pics when this is finished .

:shifty:

post-22839-1217368679.jpg

post-22839-1217368718.jpg

post-22839-1217368756.jpg

post-22839-1217368783.jpg

post-22839-1217368811.jpg

post-22839-1217368833.jpg

post-22839-1217368857.jpg

post-22839-1217368883.jpg

post-22839-1217368913.jpg

Thanks fella's , I don't care about music Stav , that was for the track read only but I must admit I do listen to him but I wouldn't wanna bump into him in a public bog , hang on a mo , you seem to know the tracks names a bit well ??? closet fan eh ?? Ha Ha . Nah on a serious note fellas its nice to have something go relatively easy for once , I'm sure Wozza will fill you in on a few of the details . By the way Wozza what was I saying about no more dough on extra's on the motor ??? Never say never eh ! Ha Ha Ha !!!

Thanks Lads

Regards

Paul.

:lol:

Spot on Wozza yes its JVX KW-AVX710 , they make a KW-AVX810 too and the screen is detachable but its about another £100.00 and I'd only drop it probably ( eh Wozza LOL ) , it was suprisingly easy to fit with the facia kit the only thing which tok some time was the small surround which finishes the install off , it needed making smaller and thinner on the top and bottom so the screen didn't jam when opening , if you decide to get one give me a shout and I'll guide you through how to get it done , its time consuming but worth it . It really is a nice peice of kit though , touch screen controls , plays DivX an all sorts and the sound out of it is incredible and thats with OE speakers , honestly this unit is great VFM in my opinion I recommend it highly anyway if anyone fits one or is thinking of it give me a shout and I'll gladly help out any way I can . Oh its finished now here's a few pics .

Regards

Paul. B)

post-22839-1217676857.jpg

post-22839-1217676883.jpg

Hi PCIronmike,

Where do you get the facia kit from? as i have a double din to go in mine.

Thank you

I got mine from " Car Audio / Security " the kits really good and replaces the metal framework around the air con /temp dials for plastic ones and all very easy it is too , check em out I think it was £19.99 .

Regards

Paul.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links