Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reg Plates

What type of plates do you like?

I got my 3 year old lexus not so long ago, all the paperwork for my private reg has all gone through for transfer, i just need to buy new plates for the car. You have to have the BS AU 145d stamp on it, else it fails the MOT also it must have the name at the bottom of it where its made....i dont want Halfords in big letters, the car will depreciate over night :whistling: . So buying from websites is a no no. i have 2 options.

Option 1. Legal plain simple reg plates from a car shop.

Option 2. Legal pressed plates.

What do you think/prefer?

These are the pressed plates.

BS145d_info_page.jpg

if you want i could make a set for you.

there not 100% legal. as in they are not reflective and they havent got the bs number or the dealer name at the bottom.

ive just put my car thru the mot with a set i made. i have had many mot's over the years and everytime the cars i have, have the plates i made.

ive made lots of these plates for all my friends and they havent had any problems with them at all.

you can design the plates with any logo's or names anywhere you like.

just thought id offer anyway.

i dont want HALFORDS in big letters,

Is that right? I thought it was just the postcode, need to get a set of plates for another car and was planning to get them from Halfords. However, if that is the case, I think I might just ask the dealer to make them up as I'd rather they had their name at the bottom than anything else :)

I dont have the BS numbers on either of my plates and it went through the MOT fine.

As long as their readable and legal.

As for pressed plates, i'd say a big NO. For Vdubs only IMHO.

Stav

I bought mine from Halfords and they havent got Halfords or a postcode on them - just plain.

I thought these regs (postcoe / dealer) only applied to new cars fom dealers/garages as of a paticular date

Personally wouldnt buy from Halfords anyway - twice the price as any motor factors place - I was jut in a rush and needed some quick....

Ah, thats interesting. So MOT centres are turning a blind eye to them. Thats good to hear. I know its a £30 fixed penalty for wrong plates, and ive heard that most police are cracking down on people with them. They are mostly getting people with the letters incorrectly spaced or made to llok like something they aren't. My reg is very unique because i bought it for my football team. I dont have to alter it to make it look different, but all i wanted was for the bottom of it to have small letters of the name of the ground. Nothing serious.

i.e. and dont give me abuse for this :winky:

UTD in big letters

Old Trafford at the bottom center in small letters or possibly Sir Matt Busby Way.

But you never know, someone might just fail it as they might be a city supporter or something.

So, the metal plates are a No then. Ok, i'll think of the normal plastic ones.

Vti, sorry mate, but i actually know a place close to me that does the plastic plates straight away, if i go with them and i can actually draw them what im after and get it done there and then. But thanks for the offer.

utd related number plates and your from london.....careful where you park it :)

Im a manc, but live in London for work. Its not too bad where i live as the car is tucked away in a cul de sac, so not many people see it. It should be ok. Dont make me worry though, ive had sleepless nights thinking about this. :blush: You should never touch another mans car, thats just wrong comes to mind. Great saying from john travolta in pulp fiction.

utd related number plates and your from london.....careful where you park it :)

Im a manc, but live in London for work. Its not too bad where i live as the car is tucked away in a cul de sac, so not many people see it. It should be ok. Dont make me worry though, ive had sleepless nights thinking about this. :blush: You should never touch another mans car, thats just wrong comes to mind. Great saying from john travolta in pulp fiction.

i totally agree mate but there are some sad sick b :tsktsk: s about :)

It's flippin annoying that the number plates now have to have the name of the supplying place.

My Lexus has nice "Lexus Chester" number plates but they're starting to have dark marks on them where the laminate has come away and the elements have got in. They're ok, just a little tatty. But if replaced I'd lose the Lexus dealer name on the plates. Not a big deal, but personally I'd like to keep the name that's on them.

It's flippin annoying that the number plates now have to have the name of the supplying place.

My Lexus has nice "Lexus Chester" number plates but they're starting to have dark marks on them where the laminate has come away and the elements have got in. They're ok, just a little tatty. But if replaced I'd lose the Lexus dealer name on the plates. Not a big deal, but personally I'd like to keep the name that's on them.

just buy another set from Lexus !

just buy another set from Lexus !

Thats not a bad idea. Tonight, i was walking to the local pub in London that i now live at the moment. Every modern car was legal. I go up to manchester every week to see my folks and the football. I'll give the local Lexus dealer a call tomorrow and see if they can make some plates for me. I'll let you know how i get on.

I bought some today from Halfords and they are on the car now. They look great, but upo very close they did a real **** job. They wont last for a few years i dont think. Then i saw this post. I'll order a better set of plates from Demonplates like you said. They are alot better and you can have a nice border and slogan which is road legal. Nice find, cheers.

I spoke to a traffic cop re. my spacing. As far as he's concerned, as long as it's legible... MOST cops wont pull you on sight.

However, despite spacing... it is a legal plate with all marks and certification + reflective, obviously.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links