Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought A Boxster!

Hi

Just wanted to say bye to the users on this great forum, I have sold my Lexus 99/T to a close friend and bought a 99/T boxtser in zenith blue. I am picking it up on the weekend so cant wait. All the advice on here has been greatly recieved and The Lexus was the best car I ownded so far.

I know the boxtser can be a little expensive so ill see how it goes for a while but in the future if I need a top reliable well priced motor i wont hesitate to get another IS, superbly reliable and fantastic car.

again cheers to all

well congrats on the new car, just because your not getting a lexus doesnt mean you cant post here anymore! i dont even own a lexus anymore ;)

I'm gonna say it, from a Rich mans Toyota to a poor mans Porsche lol

Only joking mate, they are nice cars and the Zenith is def the best colour IMHO.

Expensive to repair though cause the engine is a **** to get to.

Stav

LOL

Rich mans Toyota toa poor mans Porsche I like that!

Ill def put some posts up still I had a lot of good experience with the Lexus!

Ill try to get pics up but I laways have problems with this site and uploading!!

Techie info:

As I understand it, the Boxer 6 is the worst engine for smoothness. All the other six cylinder engines have a naturally occuring zero 2nd order harmonic. I suspect that Porsche use the Boxer 6 not for smoothness but for a low center of gravity. Still it's better than having your engine behind the back wheel as they do in their Beetles.

Also all Porshche parts are made from Porsche gold, platinum and diamonds which all cost ten times as much as normal gold, platinum and diamond.

Congratulations on the new car ..... mid life crisis :whistling: only joking i'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it!

@flotsam - have you been to the doctor as i think you may need some face cream :crying:

I've just been! It was a botox injection that went wrong and I'm rather sensitive about it if you don't mind!

Hi

Yeh my mates taken over my old lexus and he lives down the road so it doesnt feel like I have sold it as I see it every other day, He's happy and I must admit I was sad and still feel sad as the Lex never let me down and I loved it.

The Boxster is mint and I have got a comprehensive warranty for peace of mind which also covers wear and tear (warranty Direct $52 per month). It sounds amazing and it sticks to the road like glue and handles brilliantly. Its also gets to 60 in about just under 7 seconds, It isnt as smooth as the lexus but then again I didnt buy it for that reason.

I wanted a drivers car and to get the wind in my hair when the suns out, but to be honest with the weather as it has been I dont think that will happen for a long time.

If you get a good Independant (Northway Porsche Aldermaston) they are not expensive 12k service is $155 all in, 24k $265 and 48k $365. Also their labour rates are maximum 50 per hour which is about what most garages charge bar the main dealers. Also I was looking at OEM porsche brake discs and pads and the discs come in at under 100 front and back, and pads at around 70 front and back. also the clutch kit comes in at 180 all OEM so porsche parts can be sourced competitively.

Ill see how it goes and give further updates.

Congratulations on the new car ..... mid life crisis :whistling: only joking i'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it!

@flotsam - have you been to the doctor as i think you may need some face cream :crying:

I've just been! It was a botox injection that went wrong and I'm rather sensitive about it if you don't mind!

I like the way you've done your HAIR though! :whistling: