Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Timing Belt And Tensioner

just rang my local lexus dealer and they have quoted me £250 for the timing belt and tensior to be done,

now my question is..

is the timing belt the same thing as the cam belt?

because ive heard that the cam belt needs doing and i am now in proccess of getting that done just wanted to no if it was just another name or a different thing and more money needed spending lol thanks for any help !! :)

Hiya fella,

The Timing Belt is the same theing as the Cam Belt. It connects the top half (cams) to the bottom half (crankshaft) of the engine.

They should change the

Timing Belt (£25 approx)

Tensioner (£49 approx)

Idler Pulley (£47 approx)

though some might say the idle doesn't need changing. Also you may want them to check the condition of the water pump & bypass

as you need to remove all the same stuff to get to it if it fails later. It would depend if your car was high mileage or not as to wether

a precautionary change was worth it (mine was weeping ever so slightly @ 75,000miles. The water pumps are about £110 tho :tsktsk:

hope this helpd ya matey :D

thanks guys yes just wanted to make sure i was getting the right things done lol

yes the £250 includes parts and labour and say should take a couple of hours so i thought it was quite a good deal

again thanks for help B)

thanks guys yes just wanted to make sure i was getting the right things done lol

yes the £250 includes parts and labour and say should take a couple of hours so i thought it was quite a good deal

again thanks for help B)

cracking price for a main dealer

£250 for changing the timing belt? Does that include changing the Idler and Tenisioner? If so, that's a good price (as already said by others).

My local Lexus dealer wanted £550 to do the same job 18 months ago- in the end I replaced the timing belt myself with the help of my uncle (who is a mechanic). Only wanted Lexus to do the timing belt job so that I had proof it had been changed by a main dealer when I came to sell the car, but recently I have decided to run my car until it falls apart, so there's no point in paying for main dealer serving as it won't add any value to my car now.

Hi

I Recently had my timing belt & tensioner replaced and a 60,000 mile service

at Cardiff Lexus the total cost was £694.61 :whistling:

They have a new scheme for older vehicles called Lexus Cardiff Vehicle Loyalty Club,

it gives a 15% reduction on parts and labour B)

2ddesign

£250 for a cam service sounds brilliant, just rang my local stealer (lexus woodford) and they quoted around £370.

anyone know any decent garages in the east london area, preferably an establishment that know their way around a lexus?

sorry to steal the thread :whistling:

that is a good price then extra £10 for main dealer prices lol

no what garage you mean have to keep that in mind if need any work doing soon lol

B) :D

DOH its called All Cars its mainly Japanees he works on & it a nice set up hes got ;)

It wasnt just the cam & tensioner it was power steerin & other belts 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links