Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Open/close Window Switch

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the auto open / close window switch on the drivers side is a single unit or a part of the block of four switches, reason I ask is, as the title says, If the auto switch is a single switch, I was thinking to use it on the passenger side or within the drivers side block to have the same functionality as the drivers side window.

Hope it makes sense.

Not as imple as that mate to get auto up/down. It is controlled by an ECU so the switch is only part of the story. I think there a few folks who have done some jiggery pokery with building an additional circuit to deal with it (for full closure functionality). Someone who has done it will be along soon enough hopefully.

I do indeed have total closure, but only one touch on the drivers.

Geoffers knows something about fitting an LED into the circuit to make other windows one touch, cant remember the exacts though.

I have one touch on all windows but i instaled a seperate unit to control them this also allows for the total closure excpet sun roof at the mo ........

Taken from my dei 530t post

If you put a 680ohm resistor in series with an LED and put them across the window contacts of the ECU, it makes the windows all automatic. They carry on the direction they are going unless you give a quick touch in the opposite direction if you see what I mean. I don't have any pictures or remember the pin numbers but you can trace it back from the wiring.

a few of us have the diagrams so give us a holla if you decide on a route forward

thanks for the response folks.

I thought the process would have been as easy as having the same auto switch on other windows, but as I'm not very confident with lecy stuff I'm not sure if I should proceed. full closure would have been nice though.

If you put a 680ohm resistor in series with an LED and put them across the window contacts of the ECU, it makes the windows all automatic. They carry on the direction they are going unless you give a quick touch in the opposite direction if you see what I mean. I don't have any pictures or remember the pin numbers but you can trace it back from the wiring.

a few of us have the diagrams so give us a holla if you decide on a route forward

What happens when they reach the top or the bottom? Do you have to jab the button? Can you post up the details as I'm interested at seeing if this method works on a Mk1 GS300? Cheers.

See Rabster or Geoffers, Rabster has a one touch funtionality on all his windows now I believe.

That would be kinda neet. Not sure why they don't all have auto open/close anyway.

That would be kinda neet. Not sure why they don't all have auto open/close anyway.

Probably a cost issue, as to have auto close you also need to have a jam sensor on it to stop the window if someone sticks their hand in between..........

What sort of cost did it come to to add the auto close? Not really bothered about the rears, but could be useful on front passenger window :)

to do mine the 2 box's cost me about 30quid but as i said before mine allowed 1 touch venting and closure in 1 box well 2 box's but who is counting lol

other than the expenses of the boxs all i needed was some cable to make up the looms and a few fuses oh and geoffers Mirror closure to trigger the circuit so all in all i would say no more than £50 in total to fit but did take me 2 days on an off to fit mainly because im fussy and it was also an experiment so i guess it woul probably take about half a day to make up the looms and test and half a day to fit with 2 people 1 taking pannels off etc 1 terminating

any 4 window roll up kit should work how ever, but you still need a souce to trigger it

Hmmm, I already have Geoffers' mirror and sunroof closure, so I guess I'm half way there, I'll have a think about how much I think I need the window closure.......

Thanks for that, doesn't seem too expensive which is the plus side :whistling:

What happens when they reach the top or the bottom? Do you have to jab the button? Can you post up the details as I'm interested at seeing if this method works on a Mk1 GS300? Cheers.

Tigerfish - you are right to question this. They stop mechanically only. Power is still getting to them for a short while. Only a second or two unless you do jab the button the opposite way.

I never pushed this as there isn't anything - it relies purely on the transistors shutting down with the increased torque. Although this happens normally, its not something it is designed to do specifically, like an overcurrent sensor. Also, you have the added force on the cogs which are nylon/metal combo on the IS but maybe different on the GS.

Time seems to have shown this seems ok though by the amount of people, including myself who have done it. (although I haven't got my 200 anymore)

As there are a few factors that could possibly cause an issue, its for information only and for people to decide to do themselves in full knowledge of the potential damage, however small.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links