How Long Have You Owned Your Lexus?

kam05

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coming upto 3 yrs for mine now, But i am getting bored of it and what can you buy these days thats a reliable good looking car?? :unsure:

different colour IS or maybe an IS300 :winky:

Now that both kids have their own cars I'd like to trade in the IS200 for a Honda S2000 for my better half...then depending totally on my powers of persuasion, replace the 250 for a GTR next year :lol: I have seriously considered the IS-F and have test driven it often, but 95% of the time it felt and sounded too much like my 250 to make me want to part with the vast difference in price.....

Having seen it in the flesh I think I see what you mean, I didn't really find the IS-F too "exciting" but I haven't driven it, or even heard the engine yet............

Problem was though I felt the same about the GT-R, I actually found the 350Z far more attractive than the GT-R :unsure:

This is my second Lexus, the first was an IS200 auto bought new in 2001. Kept for 3years 36k mls before changing to my present IS300 bought at 6 months old and 7k mls. Has just over 50k mls now and still going beautifully.

Had mine about 8 months and shes the best car ive had so far and not looking to change her anytime soon. I do get called a grandad in her but to be honest its by people who are driving fiesta's clio's and saxo's :whistling: :D

Tom.

10 months and counting. Only seems like yesterday...

Had my Celica 4 years (which is a long time when you are 19-23!). Same as mentioned above about the Lexus; It was very reliable, fast, moddable, sexy. Plus I couldn't find anything else I would rather drive, for the budget I would have to spend.

Originally wanted an IS (or Altezza), but back in 2003, they were just out of my price bracket still!

Just over 7 years now, not much has changed in the 7 odd years of ownership other a few internal/external mods

Still pulls looks when I do get round to taking her out for a spin

Hardly any problems, but expensive to repair/replace parts when did but hey, I'm happy

Two years this October. I won't be owning it much longer. May buy another Lex, but not an RX300. There seems to be a common transmission problem.

My sunroof is stuck open right now, but I bet it can be lubed up and should work ok. Local dealer probably just wants to see if they can fleece me.

Other than that, car is ok. No bad pumps, off sensors, electrical problems, engine noise, nothing. Runs great. Nice smooth ride and good acceleration. 110k miles.

I've had my GS300 for 4 years and 8 months, covered around 100,000 miles around 60,000 on LPG. Now with 200,000 miles on the clock beginning to get a few expensive problems and have just got a GS300 Mk 2.

Loved the first one, a real pleasure to drive and loving the second one just as much. I'm in the process of swapping the LPG and various other nearly new high value spares over to the new one. Interesting to see how some things on the new one have improved, whilst others have been cheapened.

I really love these cars!

Had mine 19 months, had 55k on the clock when I bought it, yesterday it got to 68k, like a few others, I have to consider ever increasing running costs, altho fuel dropped nearly 10p a litre this month, so i've a few cars in mind that i'm looking at swapping for, need to test a few first, possibly an Audi A3, Toyota Corolla, or a Golf, not too old, whatever I can get for £5k

then If I do slightly better in life and can afford to come back to Lexus, it'll be the LS 430 I go for, but we'll see how things go with the IS

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links