Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Piaa Bulbs (group Buy) Arrived This Am :)

Brettster

No Probs, Guys,

Sorry fo the delay..

Some of you will have received 2 x bulbs and some of you 4 x bulbs.

For those that received 2 x bulbs, it's up to you to decide whether to put them in your dips or full beam. :unsure:

If you put them in your dips, then you'll get the benefit of them all the time. :)

If you put them in the full beams, then obviously you'll only benefit when you use your full beams.

Do also be aware that the colour temperature of your new PIAA's will be diferent than the standard bulbs. :huh:

PIAA Xtreme whites are not only brighter, but look whiter too. B)

Just to fill you in, you have received the H217 bulbs. These can replace 9005/9006 HB 3/4.

So don't worry that they appear to be 2 x dips sets@ at 55w

They'll work equally well in both dip & full beam. (And keep you closer to the right side of the law.)

Enjoy those compliments your going to get...

I have a Question about these bulbs

they come with an Orange O ring fitted and a black one loose in the box, I assume this is to keep the light box air tight?

which is the correct one for the IS ?

I have a Question about these bulbs

they come with an Orange O ring fitted and a black one loose in the box, I assume this is to keep the light box air tight?

which is the correct one for the IS ?

I've always just used the red ring that comes on the bulb and never had any problems

Recieved one pair this morning, thanks GRIM.

I ordered to pairs ( dipped and main ) can you confirm that this was passed on to the suppliers please.

Cheers.

I'll check it out Steve,

Sorry for the confusion..

Gord.

First of all well done on the group Gord :yahoo:

Just after fitting the PIAA's and they look great . :D

I would say to anyone who is about to fit them, do one side first and then switch them on and stand back, you'll be well impressed with the difference bewteen the PIAA Xtreme Whites and the standard ones B)

Looking forward to when it's dark, to try them out :hocus-pokus:

Fitted mine this afternoon. Noticed that with the red / orange ring they were fitted with they were a bit loose. Tried the yellow one on the Lex buls ... but that was to big a diameter ..... so I have gone with the black ring as it gives a tighter fit ( and hopefully a damn good seal :) ).

I fitted one first and shined the lights up the garage door ....... whoo hooo nice and bright and white :D

Only just remembered this - meant to post after I fitted them.

1 - Thanks for Brettster for the instructions - even I managed to follow them and fit the bulbs.

2 - When removing the old bulb, I noticed that I had two bulbs with a yellow ring, and two with a red ring.

Is this of any relevance? Should I have received two of each type from PIAA? :blush:

Matt I think the oold post stated that the new bulbs would be the same .... whereas the ones in your care may be different. I think the onlt relevance of the ring is for sealing ....... i had two pairs like yourself .... and fitted the ring that gave the best fit ( so no leaks ). I used the new black rings as they gave a tight fit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links