Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Belt Query..sorry!

I know...another belt post!

I got a bit confused a few weeks ago when on an IS200 belt post it was mentioned that it was thought that the IS300/3L engine did not need the earlier than reccommended belt change...can anyone clarify in nice simple terms, to aid my exceedingly simple brain! :blush:

Janet

I see no-one has replied so, if this helps, I've just had the timing belt replaced on my 58k is300 sportx at the same time as having it converted to LPG - and I asked for the old timing belt so that I could see it's state - it's an 02 car so 6 years (at least) old.

The old belt is in fablous condition and to quote the mehanic 'you could use that again to get you out of trouble'.

I've replaced timing belts myself before and I can assure you this one shows no sign of wear but you can tell it's been used as it feels more flexible that a new one.

So, still not the answer you want, but, if the 200 belt is the same as a 300 belt - which I assume it is, and all the parts it touches are in good condition, it looks to me that changing them at 60,000 miles on a is300, whilst being good practice, isn't absolutely necessary.

...of course every car lives in different conditions and is treated differently so take this as just my experience.

Good luck

jack