Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello All,

I have a 1999 GS 300, a few days ago a knocking/tapping noise starting to be heard from the drivers side footwell area. It gets louder with the air con on, with the air con off it is just heard when the vehicle is in low revs.

Its in its fourth day now, and seems to be getting louder.

Any ideas?

Any help is much appriecieted, also im not technically minded when it comes to vehicles, so please forgive me if i ask a lot of questions.

p.s. I live in the west london area, if you guys know of a decent place where I can fix would be much apprieciated.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Hello All,

I have a 1999 GS 300, a few days ago a knocking/tapping noise starting to be heard from the drivers side footwell area. It gets louder with the air con on, with the air con off it is just heard when the vehicle is in low revs.

Its in its fourth day now, and seems to be getting louder.

Any ideas?

Any help is much appriecieted, also im not technically minded when it comes to vehicles, so please forgive me if i ask a lot of questions.

p.s. I live in the west london area, if you guys know of a decent place where I can fix would be much apprieciated.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Hi,would need more info,is it when the car is moving,and what happen when u press the brake padel,have u run the air con and checked belt ,and compressor.find out if it is engine or supension.anyway i live in west london,so if u got time,come around,don't mind helping out(ub7 9ep) B)

Hello all,

I still get the noise coming slightly even with the ac off, and especialy when the car is in reverse and at low speeds. It seems to be at 500 - 700 rpm.

noise does seem to be comming from behind the dash in the footwell area.

Any ideas ?