Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I thought I would try an experiment and for the last few weeks I've been making my journey to work with the Snow mode activated the whole time :)

I wondered what effect this would have on fuel consumption.

My journey is almost all urban over a distance of 16 miles with fifty (yes fifty) sets of lights on the way. No major inclines.

I usualy get 24 MPG in Normal mode and in Snow mode I've been getting...

(drum roll please)

24 MPG :blink:

Side effects are a drop off in performance (no first gear?) so I conclude that for this type of journey, when there is no snow, that it's pretty pointless. :lol:

I thought I would try an experiment and for the last few weeks I've been making my journey to work with the Snow mode activated the whole time :)

I wondered what effect this would have on fuel consumption.

My journey is almost all urban over a distance of 16 miles with fifty (yes fifty) sets of lights on the way. No major inclines.

I usualy get 24 MPG in Normal mode and in Snow mode I've been getting...

(drum roll please)

24 MPG :blink:

Side effects are a drop off in performance (no first gear?) so I conclude that for this type of journey, when there is no snow, that it's pretty pointless. :lol:

and will also put undue stress on the second gear band in the gearbox and reduce its life...... like pulling away in second in a manual, you have to slip the clutch a bit.... If I were you I'd change the oil now especially if its any other colour than cherry red or smells burnt....

Pete

I doubt that using Snow mode would put very much stress on the gearbox. It's due for a service in September anyway. This is the time of year that I'm always tempted to buy a new car. Can I resist? :-D

The early W140 Mercedes S class used to pull away in second all the time unless you floored it, they did it to give a more relaxed ride, the gearboxes never lasted as long as the model before, or the facelifted model when they stopped it so there must be some additional strain....

Of course the Lexus one is probably built to a higher standard anyway so will be OK

What would you change it for???? another Lexus????

Pete

I had a W140 S500 before and it was a tremendous car. It refused to do more than 19MPG on my trip to work and back though so the LEX is much more frugal.

If I replaced the LS I would like to get a Bentley but I can say good bye to double figure fuel consumption if I take the plunge :-))

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links