Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Selling The Lex ?

Hi while my Lexus IS200 is my pride and joy the problem remains that its too nice , my wife will not drive it and the addition of the 19's has made the problem worse , she says its too big for her to drive , she's scared that she'll scratch the rims , this leaves me the dilemma that every time she needs to go anywhere I have to take her ----ie , her mothers ( yawn ) to the shops etc etc you know the one . Today I test drove a Renault Clio Sport 182 , ***** this thing goes like a bat out of hell my heart was racing as I pounded the windy lanes in it , it looks the part too with all the deep bumpers , spoilers and xenons peering down on you . Now I like this little car but I adore the Lex the problem is that when you want one you don't seee one then when you get one they seem to be everywhere . Please help , what should I do ????

:crybaby:

I know people but after I tested it the Lex felt ......er ....sorta slow , I've been in Wozza's supercharged one and yes its quick but this Clio would leave it for dead , its a brutal nutter b*****d and its standard ??? I was well impressed .

Help.

If she thinks an IS is too big you may find that the Clio is too powerful for her, or is it that you :whistling: really fancy the extra umph of the Clio.

If she thinks an IS is too big you may find that the Clio is too powerful for her, or is it that you :whistling: really fancy the extra umph of the Clio.

I'd be lying if I said no Dave but when I look at the Lex it melts me y'know , its such a shame that they havent got the grunt to match the drop dead gorgeous looks . Oh well guess you can't have everything , or can I ???? :blink:

With regards to selling, now is not a good time. With all this government rubbish about tax and fuel prices no one wants cars like this anymore and they're only worth a couple of pounds! My suggestion would be to do what I'm doing, hold off, enjoy the car - after all it's paid for and only hurting you in fuel. In 12 months or so, if these tax hikes do not happen, I reckon that the value of the cars will stabilise when people realise they're not going to cost them as much to run as thet think.

As for the wife, I'd say it's a perfect set of circumstances. I don't let Mrs Coyote near my car - you're blessed with the fact she chooses not to go near it!

Buy her something cheap and second hand. If you spend a grand on a car, you'll get something perfectly servicable for that, you won't lose the Lexus, she'll be happy and you'll be free from chauffering duties!!

With regards to selling, now is not a good time. With all this government rubbish about tax and fuel prices no one wants cars like this anymore and they're only worth a couple of pounds! My suggestion would be to do what I'm doing, hold off, enjoy the car - after all it's paid for and only hurting you in fuel. In 12 months or so, if these tax hikes do not happen, I reckon that the value of the cars will stabilise when people realise they're not going to cost them as much to run as thet think.

As for the wife, I'd say it's a perfect set of circumstances. I don't let Mrs Coyote near my car - you're blessed with the fact she chooses not to go near it!

Buy her something cheap and second hand. If you spend a grand on a car, you'll get something perfectly servicable for that, you won't lose the Lexus, she'll be happy and you'll be free from chauffering duties!!

Nuff said folks , the Lex stays and she can walk or find a new man , thanks for all your thoughts people .

Regards

Paul.

:D

Hi while my Lexus IS200 is my pride and joy the problem remains that its too nice , my wife will not drive it and the addition of the 19's has made the problem worse , she says its too big for her to drive , she's scared that she'll scratch the rims , this leaves me the dilemma that every time she needs to go anywhere I have to take her ----ie , her mothers ( yawn ) to the shops etc etc you know the one . Today I test drove a Renault Clio Sport 182 , ***** this thing goes like a bat out of hell my heart was racing as I pounded the windy lanes in it , it looks the part too with all the deep bumpers , spoilers and xenons peering down on you . Now I like this little car but I adore the Lex the problem is that when you want one you don't seee one then when you get one they seem to be everywhere . Please help , what should I do ????

:crybaby:

Sell IS200. Buy GS430 for you, and a shopping-spec Clio for her. Sorted. B)

Sorry lads an lasses , we went past the Clio again today and my wife fell in love with it ( visions of driving it about I suppose ) and me being me decided to stop and check it again............ anyway I done the deal and now own the Clio , I'm sorry , I feel as though I've let you all down and succumbed to brute power ....... but crikey it does move , it beggars belief and it gets even more mental when you turn the traction off . must admit I was so sad and kept looking back at the Lex and I swear I saw a tear appear at the corner of those beautiful headlights , I can't ever see anyone giving her that sort of TLC again , sad eh ! Oh well done now , if you don't mind I'd like to stay around and be part of the LOC as I feel like I know you all .

Thanks and Regards

Paul. :crybaby:

post-22839-1218142578.jpg

I know what a gut wrench it was for you, trouble is you had just put a brand new Double DIN DVD and those huge rims on it.

Please tell me you put the (pardon the expresssion) knackered Head Unit back in

and robbed the wheels off it ?

oh dear what have you done.i owned a clio and well not my cup of tea hope you like the guys at renault you maybe seeing a lot of them,if its anything like mine was. :shutit:

I know what a gut wrench it was for you, trouble is you had just put a brand new Double DIN DVD and those huge rims on it.

Please tell me you put the (pardon the expresssion) knackered Head Unit back in

and robbed the wheels off it ?

Sadly mate the dvd had to stay in due to mr temper smashing the old one to bits but the rims are still mine and I'll get em on eBay when I get the chance mate , I'm a busy boy coz the oaks arrived for the hallway and I'll be laying that and the skirting then sinking the coir to the same level at the thresh-hold and I've still got to grout the bathroom .

Arrrrggghhhh I hate groutin .

LIFE'S TUFF AT THE TOP COZ THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO GO !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links