Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goodbye Lexus, Hello Bmw

Vyker

I did it!

I finally did it.......

For those of you who remember some of my posts from some time ago, I am a keen admirer of the BMW E46 Coupé..

After spending nearly 10months researching and waiting, the one I want came up for sale at a BMW Dealer....

I spent 3weeks deliberating as to whether I should buy it or not, and a couple of weeks ago, while late on a friday afternoon with a long drive back from an office I was working in, my IS200 started to bite me, with the engine management light and vibrations... and that was that... that was my trigger, I called the BMW Dealer the following morning and bought it.

So.. here it is...

It is a BMW E46 330Ci M Sport Coupé on a 54 Plate.

gy54ceu01pf03070820dd9.jpg

gy54ceu03pf03070822tm2.jpg

gy54ceu02pf030708211xy5.jpg

Standard Options on the car:

M Sports Spoke Style 135M 8/8.5x18

Multi-func. Steering Whl

Remote Control Alarm

M Sports Package II

First Aid Kit & Triangle

Auto-Dim Interior Mirror

Smoker Package

Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory

Headlamp Washer System

Park Distance Control

Rain Sensor

Automatic Air Conditioning

Single-Disc CD Player

CD Preparation

Optional Extras on the car:

Automatic Gearbox

Bluetooth phone prep

Front Centre Arm Rest

Harman Kardon - Hi-Fi

Leather interior

Navigation-system with TV

Seat heating. front

Silver Aluminium Cube Int Trim

Windscreen with green shade band

Xenon headlights

I wanted one with lowish mileage, this one has 44k on the clock.

But my requirements didn't end there!!

I wanted it to be Silver Grey, and it had to have the 6 Italic options above on the car.

Have you any idea how hard it is to find a car with those options it?! And how can they have a Front Arm Rest as an option! that's just madness! Should be standard on such a car.

I've had it since last friday, and its a great car, the power is so refined, it takes up to speed with no hassle.....

First thing I did was upgrade my Nav OS, its now got Perspective view :D

Like this...

2059538365af006f9dc2tz4.jpg

Next steps are to get iPod integration, and there some very impressive tools out there to make it completly integrated within the widescreen nav unit.... would also like to Tint the windows... but may not! :P

Also... you would not beleive that the insurance on the came in at LESS then when I tried to buy Gords green IS...

Which made me wonder... would I have bought this if I ended up buying Gord's?? who knows.

I have blown all my dosh on it, coming in at £16,500, I'm completely broke! hehe... but I figure that if I keep holding off buying other cars due to price, I'll never enjoy "life",...... I missed out on Gord's as I was a couple of grand short, and just ended it there.... but I wasent happy!... so this time, i just thought to myself... "F**k it"

I will miss the Lexus, and infact, I already miss the steering.. which feels more "go kart" then the BMW, even though the BMW holds the road like i cant beleive, it just doesnt feel as though im fully connected like it felt in the IS...

I miss my gearbox in the IS, I miss the sound when I would redline it, I also miss a clutch pedal... almost feel bored in the BMW!! :S

But then again, they are very different cars! and the BMW is some car!

I've owned my IS for 18months, which is now for sale [PM me ;) ], and driven 22,000 miles in it, and the one thing that made those 18months better, is this place... LOC.... you just learn sooo much from here, its a great place, and I will miss using it as a resource, but I wont stop using it as a place to "chill"..... so dont hate me for being a BMW owner on a Lexus forum hehe :P

All comments welcome as ever!

Thanks

Signing out a Content Vyker!

Looks very nice mate, good choice of colour and you're right about spec, the stuff you wanted isn't particularly crazy but it's hard to find BMWs with those options!

I've gotta say that sounds like an awful lot of car though for £16,500 - keep us posted on how you get on with the new car :)

Btw, I believe you can also get speed camera locations for the BMW nav if you haven't already :whistling:

I had a ride in this last night. A very nice ride, and not just your regular 330Ci. I could see the grin on your face as you enjoyed the extra torque..

It's funny how many people slag off the 3 series, but have never driven one or been in one.

GruppeM CAI, and an Eismann exhaust are your first two upgrades I bet...

Very nice. No idea what what the E46's are like to drive but the E36 Coupe I had was the dogs. Loved it and was more reliable and cheaper to fix when it needed it than the Lex has proven to be so far.

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Looks very nice mate, good choice of colour and you're right about spec, the stuff you wanted isn't particularly crazy but it's hard to find BMWs with those options!

I've gotta say that sounds like an awful lot of car though for £16,500 - keep us posted on how you get on with the new car :)

Btw, I believe you can also get speed camera locations for the BMW nav if you haven't already :whistling:

You're right Parthiban, its very hard to find the right BMW car, none of them are the same, although, there were 2 others that met my spec for sale, one on autotrader and one on eBay, but they were both higher mileage and older, albeit up to £3k less! so I opted to pay the extra and get the younger model with 1yrs BMW warranty

As for speed cams, i bought a disc, arrived yesterday, has speed cams and postcode search, chuffed :D

I had a ride in this last night. A very nice ride, and not just your regular 330Ci. I could see the grin on your face as you enjoyed the extra torque..

It's funny how many people slag off the 3 series, but have never driven one or been in one.

GruppeM CAI, and an Eismann exhaust are your first two upgrades I bet...

Glad you liked it mate :) the extra grunt is is defo there to see, the auto box takes me right up to 5th gear and im still only doing 35-40mph, when I want to move a bit, it just stays in that gear and pulls me away calmly! very impressed..... unless i kick it down and woosh! :D

I'll hold off performace mods for the first year, dont want to void my warranty ;)

Very nice. No idea what what the E46's are like to drive but the E36 Coupe I had was the dogs. Loved it and was more reliable and cheaper to fix when it needed it than the Lex has proven to be so far.

Well, the E46 just holds the road soo well, I've been a bit silly with it a couple of times, and everytime, the car just stays on its path, no twitching, nothing!

Only thing i've had trouble with is, pulling away from a junction or roundabout, id think "now's my space to exit.. go go go" and put my foot down, wheels start to loose grip, and the light on the dash flashes at me, and all of a sudden, i'm bogged down stranded in no mans land, i hope with a bit more throttle control, i'll master it :P

The Lexus did cost me a fair bit to keep running.... in the 18months i had it, if i remember rightly, i spent £2.5k on just making sure it runs, not actually running it [if that makes sense]. I'm hoping this car will cost less!

Nice looking car. Redundant left foot now!

Tell me about it!! :o

Very nice and one of the best colours for an e46 I think......... ;)

I agree :D it was either this colour or Sparkling Graphite, which is a bit more "gun metal" but with a hint of purple, looks good, but i hear was an expensive extra and so not many bought it

Hope it's quicker than Milo's 330Ci round the ring :winky:

(he thought he'd beat all the S/C Is200's)

I must admit matey, it is a very very nice car, good luck with it :D

Thanks Wozza! I doubt its quicker then an SC'd IS, even though on paper its quicker with 231bhp and 300 torques... the feel isnt throw your head back speed! it gets to 60 in 7 [apparantly], where as when i was in your IS, you do feel that head back speed..... but the BMW is just such a smooth cruiser, and as im up and down m-roads its great :D

• 1 month later...

Ah dude, you should of got the convertible - I've got a 2006 BMW 318Ci M Sport Convertible in BLACK

Looks amazing I think, although your colour is really nice as well

I would of got a 330Ci, but good luck for me trying to get insured on that with me only being 19

lol