Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting A Massive 15inch Sub In My Is200

The guy said my base won't work with 10v on the remote line, he said bridge it to the power. So I did that and nothing happened, sounds like bull**** to me because I sware I read the spec somewhere that 10v is plenty for remote turn on.

I'm calling him back now...

regardless of the voltage that your headunit produces for trigger voltage.... as long as the amp is getting a trigger it should turn on.

ask a pal to listen to the amp when you turn the headunit on and off, obviously the power light should illuminate, but listen to hear for the relay inside the amp itself, the relay is triggered by the remote signal to allow the higher current

aswell as the light, you should be able to hear the relay switching the amp current on and off

as mat says..

the remote switch is just to sense that voltage is there allowing it to turn on..

if the amp is lighting up as you originally said then there is a problem in either the phone cable / input into the amp which you seem have ruled out or the speaker in the box.. can you take the sub out to check if its actually wired to the amp?

if you were closer would offer to take a look!!

on power caps.. take some sound advice and do the big three.. cheapest most cost effective thing you can do on any car with ice.. next cheapest is a decent Battery over a power cap (a half decent cap will cost £150+) which everybody will say is the right way forward after that its up to you if you want to buy a cap or a second Battery..

a yellow top Battery will cost £160 and a split charge about £20..

Click on the Big 3 link above, easy to do really & cost effective, an earthing kit is part of what the big 3 is about..kinda.

it's about improving earths and the power feed from the alternator. Have a read and you will understand.

I had it done in my Audi, years ago. Big improvement. I have a 5m length of 2AWG cable I was hoping to use, but would need all the connecters, also, do not have cutters or crimpers that can deal with the girth!

The guy said my base won't work with 10v on the remote line, he said bridge it to the power. So I did that and nothing happened, sounds like bull**** to me because I sware I read the spec somewhere that 10v is plenty for remote turn on.

It should work with 10v, but bridging the main +ive will also make it work. But the remote is to turn the amp on, nothing more, if you have a power light, the remote is working fine. Your problem lies elsewhere.

On the power cap front, the best advice would probably be, get a yellow top Battery (or similar) and "the big 3" cable upgrade, THEN get a power cap IF you still need more power (you wont with just that sub running) even then, it may be preferable to go for a second yellow top and split charge system. That's what I'm planning anyway.

Jon, if you have tried everything, then yeh, maybe it's a duff one!

Think this is a good price here yellow top if it is compatible that is.

Can anyone explain though, thes yellow tops are quoted at 55Ah, (I have 72Ah in my Celica!) Surely this is not very much?

EDIT: The sizes look OK.

Jon, if you have tried everything, then yeh, maybe it's a duff one!

Think this is a good price here yellow top if it is compatible that is.

Can anyone explain though, thes yellow tops are quoted at 55Ah, (I have 72Ah in my Celica!) Surely this is not very much?

EDIT: The sizes look OK.

tis a very good price!! well found.. even with VAT its £147 AND FREE DELIVERY

think im gettin me one of those!!

these batteries are deep cycle so stand up to constant discharge and charge better than standard batteries.. they will run at approx same power even in a state of discharge..

i would recommend a yellow top up back and a decent batt with high cca upfront or possibly a red top..

@jon.. would get it returned mate.. seems like they are trying to fob you off

if the amp is powering up and you have tried a diferent input then it must be dead.

seems like they are trying to fob you off

if the amp is powering up and you have tried a diferent input then it must be dead.

yup, your issue regards the duff product is with the seller, NOT the manufacturer

just had a quick look at the manual online.. silly question but have you checked that you connecting the phonos to the input of the amp?

post up a pic of how its wired up and mght be able to spot something??

slightly :offtopic:

Click on the Big 3 link above, easy to do really & cost effective, an earthing kit is part of what the big 3 is about..kinda.

it's about improving earths and the power feed from the alternator. Have a read and you will understand.

I had it done in my Audi, years ago. Big improvement. I have a 5m length of 2AWG cable I was hoping to use, but would need all the connecters, also, do not have cutters or crimpers that can deal with the girth!

Used a vice to crimp mine :whistling:

I have the lengths needed for an Earthing kit like those on eBay, I used 8AWG, (cable needed just under 5 metres plus terminals)

I have some 4AWG Red cut to the correct length for Positive Alternator Terminal to Battery, come to JAE and I'll give it to ya.

Good quality 4AWG Ring Terminals you can get for about £1.00 each

I wouldn't like to use 2AWG for the earthing kit, routing would be a nightmare due to the thickness, (very tight under the airbox)

but if you wanna have a go why not :D

tis a very good price!! well found.. even with VAT its £147 AND FREE DELIVERY

think im gettin me one of those!!

I want one, you want one, Jon might want one, does Wozza want one? Potential group buy?

Yea, well Ill wait to see what happens on monday. Else I shall drive it up to their shop are return it myself.

Yeh mate. Take it to the shop and dump it on the counter. Ask them to show you it working. If they cannot do it, then don't touch it again, demand a refund!

Used a vice to crimp mine :whistling:

I have the lengths needed for an Earthing kit like those on ebay, I used 8AWG, (cable needed just under 5 metres plus terminals)

I have some 4AWG Red cut to the correct length for Positive Alternator Terminal to Battery, come to JAE and I'll give it to ya.

Good quality 4AWG Ring Terminals you can get for about £1.00 each

I wouldn't like to use 2AWG for the earthing kit, routing would be a nightmare due to the thickness, (very tight under the airbox)

but if you wanna have a go why not :D

It's just what i have lying around, thats all. Always looking to save a couple of quid! And my airbox is in my house!

Still not sure if I can make it to JAE, though would really like to. It is a 500 mile round trip too!

(Been pretty active today, but now loose my web access till Monday!)

:offtopic:

sorry off topic again..

i think at th eprice they are adverised i wouldnt even ask about a group buy.. there is a massive shortage of metals worldwide and has had an impact on wiring and batteries.. shoud be ordering one of these on monday..

@wozza - im just looking into this but think a good silver top ufront and then a YT in the back is the way forward..

@jon - back to the shop on monday sounds like the best option..

make sure you have a good ground, and that no fuses are blown, if the power light stays on then its noether of these.

post up some pics of the amp..

FIXED

---------

I went to see them, they had a look at the sub unit. When they fully opened it up they saw that the speaker wasnt connected somehow. I DID check this, but couldn't see much inside and the wires seemed to be ok but obviously not. Ah well, they were really helpful in the shop and as a VIBE dealer the manager was on the phone to them several times and theyre going to send me free stuff like a VIBE fleece lol.

Cheers, Jon

good result..

have to say that vibe are very good at sorting stuff out.. A good budget brand to be trusted!

glad its workin.. now just need to remove the ski hatch so you can get the full benefits!

So it sounds better facing through the skihatch?

with the ski hatch still in then there is no way for the bass to get into the car.. your just filling the boot and driving it harder to hear anything..

shouldnt be too big a job to take out prob hour max..

OK Ill do it tomorrow. Along with, screw down the cd changer, install the fire extinguisher, tune the base, re-fit the base remote to gain an extra foot and fit the RC cable. Haha.

I have a small job atm but got an interview for a contract role in IT tomorrow as well, if I get it I might get a cap and new Battery. Along with many other things.

Cheers, Jon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links