Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tory Think Tanks Suggests More People Should Move From The North To Th

maneesh

Notice how David Cameron has quickly distanced his party from the report - describing it as "insane"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7558742.stm

:D

its a shame that as tax payers we cannot make them refund the money they wasted for such a stupid idea.. would make their dreamers think twice about getting money for stupid projects if they knew that they would have to pay it back if it didnt work out..

as for the north south divide.. its all just a bit of fun.. it will always be there.. after all we are still a tribal country supporting different football teams etc..

i love the south you love the north.. we all love england.. therefore we are all united by the same idiots that run the country :whistling:

also.. technicaly down south (i.e. kent & surrey) north is anything past the thames... and there is an essex / kent rivalry.. mostly because they all whinge about paying the £1 toll to come to bluewater when we have always paid to go to lakeside...

i even had to pay an essex customer to drive over the bridge once because he wouldnt pay the £1 toll to collect his parts..

how feasable would it to start building a southern version of hadrians wall?
Sounds like a plan - not sure how hard, but I'm sure we could recruit some Polish builders :lol:
just north of Milton Keynes :winky:

You all love us Northerners when there's a techie problem, want something fixing or something for nothing though.

Good and bad places everywhere. Until you've lived there (properly!), its not worth commenting. I've lived all around the place and to be honest don't really like the way the entire country is going. Geographically there are some places worse than others but eventually all seem to be following.

from what i know of my relitives.. they all whinge and whine but dont change or adapt...

now i come from the same blood but have a different attitude... i say get rid of the cheap beer in the working mens clubs (how can they be called that when they drink from 11am till 11pm every day.. wheres the work) make it more expensive and they will work more..

Aye lad, that covers every single Northerner. We don't change or adapt. Ok. You are obviously generalising or you wouldn't have mentioned it. Unless you just fancied telling us how bad your family are? Either way, its pretty scathing. Maybe there's a bit more hardship in their life? Same blood maybe but very different circumstances and life influences.

Moving people down South isn't the answer though. That's just moving the problem areas. Breaking them up has been proven to work though - at least its a start.

dont suppose it helps that most of them work for the local council etc.... they never leave the area.. suppose i have over generalised..

although if i lived in rainhill still i dont think that i would have pursued the career and paths that i was given when we moved, but then if say we had moved to brixton or something it would have been different again..

horses for corses and all that i suppose.. admittedly my dream location is a 50 acre ranch in the middle of the desert with a huge aircraft hanger filled with tools and machinery and no neighbours to *****.. i love the idea of a solitary life of reading with interspersed traveling around the world..

have to say i dont think anywhere in england is really gonna be good in a good 20 years... thats why i still wanna move to palm springs or there about in california.. probably a few years off though.. but will help with my arthritis (had since 18)

ah well, bugger all this Political bs, I've got mates all over, a bit of banter is fine, but if we all

VOTE GORD

we might get real political change :lol:

I would VOTE GORD, but he is even worse then most normal politicians because at least they lie to us with a manefesto before they get into power..........Gord hasn't even got that far! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Cities including Liverpool, Bradford and Sunderland cannot be revived.

"It is time to stop pretending that there is a bright future for Sunderland

I do agree though!

Oi!

ah well, bugger all this Political bs, I've got mates all over, a bit of banter is fine, but if we all

VOTE GORD

we might get real political change :lol:

I would VOTE GORD, but he is even worse then most normal politicians because at least they lie to us with a manefesto before they get into power..........Gord hasn't even got that far! :lol:

he promised us more stella !

what more do you want

Hi Chris :) Been busy recently, used to be on here every day but it's more like once a month nowadays! Haven't managed to make it to a meet for a while either but will do sometime I hope!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links