Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Fault Codes

MacRS200

Hi got a little problem with the car and need to get the fault codes read.

I'm sure that I read somewhere that the Tezza is not OBDII compliant, tried a search on here and came up with nowt. I'm away on hols and can only get connected through the mobile with basic WAP so it's a bit slow.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA Neil

the altezza is not OBD protocol compliant

Thanks Mat, that's what I thought.

How can I get the fault codes read, there is a diagnostic port beside the ECU and I really need to find out what's up, it keeps cutting out.

OK mate thanks for that will try Edgware Road as they are nearest to home provided I make it there!

Symptoms are that the car just cuts out, can't be sure but I am sure that the CEL only comes up once it's died. Try to restart and it fires up as normal, revs build up to just above 1K and it then just dies. Smells of petrol so sure fuel is getting through. After a few attempts it runs again.

Any ideas mate?

there is a diagnostic port beside the ECU

I also found a port under the steering wheel... I know you can plug in those power meter devices but don't know if proper diagnostics can be got from that port?

Is it anything like the port (engine bay and under the steering column) of the Mk1 GS? On the GS, you can apparently connect certain pins together and count the flashes on the CEL to get the codes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links