Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Painted Brake Calipers

TommyH

Many members have used Hammerite smooth on their calipers, including me.

Seems fine so faron mine.... (about 4 months)

I have heard nothing but good reports for longevity as well as looking good.

Here here, done mine in April with Hammerite no probs even after an 8 hour drive back from Cornwall recently.

Many members have used Hammerite smooth on their calipers, including me.

Seems fine so faron mine.... (about 4 months)

I have heard nothing but good reports for longevity as well as looking good.

my calipers were done with smooth hammerite about 18months ago and have had no probs :)

done my last cars calipers and lasted about 3 years, but they just faded a bit paint didnt flake. just remember to sand the caliper before painting :)

My IS200 Sport has had Hammerite smooth red calipers for over four years now...still good, and the decals..

How many coats did you put on ?

3 thin coats of red plus a couple of coats of clear laquer over the decals.

I've done two of these caliper jobs now and Hammerite smooth is the daddy but preparation is the key , if its rusty underneath its gonna show and look nasty , do it with a wire brush tthen a finer wire brush and get into all those nooks and crannies , if you have a local Partco or parts place that supplies the trade go to them and buy a aerosol can of brake cleaner and befor painting spray liberally with that , it will evaporate in seconds and leave you with a no dust , no oil base then whack the paint on , I laid coat after coat as soon as the first one was tacky and I masked nothing , all done with a brush and if you lay it on you should get a powder coated sort of finish .

Regards

Paul. B)