Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Painted Brake Calipers

TommyH

Hi guys, was thinking of painting my brake calipers. Is their a good and bad way to do it. Do i have to take the caliper off ? and is their a special kind of paint used, forgive my niavitey, im a newbie,

Many Thanks, Tommy

Hello matey, its a very easy job to do and does tidy up the calipers, I and many other members have used hammerite smooth finish paint which does a good job, When i did mine i left the calipers on the car which made it easier to do as you dont have to support them in another way and lets you put the wheels back on once you've painted them so they can dry!

Just make sure you give them a good rub off with a fine wire brush or sand paper before you start to paint, I also used a brake cleaner to make sure they were nice and clean, Then i put a set of the Lexus caliper decals on, which are available from the LOC shop if you want a set :D

Welcome mate,

You dont have to take them off, just mask off the disc around them to stop you going over.

And High temp resistant paint is best, Hammerite is good.

Stav

Thanks alot Stav, goin to give it a bash mate, wish me luck :whistling:

Hello matey, its a very easy job to do and does tidy up the calipers, I and many other members have used hammerite smooth finish paint which does a good job, When i did mine i left the calipers on the car which made it easier to do as you dont have to support them in another way and lets you put the wheels back on once you've painted them so they can dry!

Just make sure you give them a good rub off with a fine wire brush or sand paper before you start to paint, I also used a brake cleaner to make sure they were nice and clean, Then i put a set of the Lexus caliper decals on, which are available from the LOC shop if you want a set :D

Thanks for the sound advise mate, going to give it a try, think me has da bug :winky:

Here you go matey just found this for you CLICK ME!! Tells you how to do it? :D

Thanks alot mate, this looks idiot proof, should do me just fine :whistling:

Its a good walkthrough that one, A lot of us havn't done the drum, just the calipers but when i do mine again i'll be doing the drums aswell to tidy them up :D

Aye, think i'll do drum aswell, makes it look alot tidier, do you think red is the only colour to use on a Sapphire blue ?

Here you go matey just found this for you CLICK ME!! Tells you how to do it? :D

Thanks alot mate, this looks idiot proof, should do me just fine :whistling:

Its a good walkthrough that one, A lot of us havn't done the drum, just the calipers but when i do mine again i'll be doing the drums aswell to tidy them up :D

Aye, think i'll do drum aswell, makes it look alot tidier, do you think red is the only colour to use on a Sapphire blue ?

Yeh red does look good on the blue but there's a lot of choice in colour combinations? i've also seen blue cars with yellow, blue, gold, black for a few idea's :)