Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Black Interior

coolrides

anyone any pics of a is200 black interior, i have cream and want to swap everything to black including carpets. anyone done this before, how far up does the black go i.e. stop at door cards or go right up to roof, including roof??

was thinking second hand interior half leather as i have except front seats, want nice set of buckets, also will i get a airbag light on if i remove the seats permanetly

cheers

you need pritty much everything for a complete swap, ive brought all the stuff to convert mine to a black interior. from seats to plastics. roof liner the lot.

Seat.jpg

door.jpg

stuff.jpg

where have you been getting the parts? scrapyard? or you buying them new. the cream looks awfull when its 9 years old and a bit shabby. are you putting in original fron seats or buckets

cheers

Just remember when doing the swap-over, another pair of hands comes in very handy.

I replaced my half leather black interior last year, and put a full leather interior with

door cards in it's place, took much longer as I was on my own.

I didn't replace the carpet as it was black already.

Try eBay as complete interiors come up fairly often, though try to get a later one with crome speaker rings

on the door cards, they look much nicer.

Just remember when doing the swap-over, another pair of hands comes in very handy.

I replaced my half leather black interior last year, and put a full leather interior with

door cards in it's place, took much longer as I was on my own.

I didn't replace the carpet as it was black already.

Try ebay as complete interiors come up fairly often, though try to get a later one with crome speaker rings

on the door cards, they look much nicer.

like sound of the speaker rings on door cards. 99 model is very bland looking. will keep my eye out on eBay cheers

i did mine mate including retrimming a,b and pillars and headlining in black suede

you mean you just took it off and retrimmed over the original parts with black suede?

same thing :P

no i mean did you actually retrim it yourself, and what did it turn out like?

:offtopic: Any of you guys getting rid of a cream front seat does not matter which one as some kind person put a fag burn in mine and it is bugging me so need to get it sorted as I have tried the breakers without no joy :crybaby:

anyone replaced the front seats with bucket seats and what happens to the airbag light. does it call up a fault??

Apparently there is an airbag light that comes on but you can get a plug to connect which will void it :D

anyone replaced the front seats with bucket seats and what happens to the airbag light. does it call up a fault??

Apparently there is an airbag light that comes on but you can get a plug to connect which will void it :D

sounds good, mot centre might not like to see big airbag lights up lol

cheers

• 10 years later...

Swapped the seats, door cards and carpet on mine not too long ago. Been wanting to get the rest of the trims and retrim the pillars and rooflining at some point. Only pain was with not having the black seatbelts I had to swap the plug in the front seats with cream ones as they wouldn't fit cream the belts

• 10 months later...

You can swap the plugs over I done mine very recently as I have swapped interior from 99 to an 05 and the plugs in the seatbelts arent compatible and also sit in different positions just open them up and swap the plugs over.