Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

See http://www.sprint-booster.co.uk/how_to_ins...rintbooster.asp this link.

A lot of the BMW and Merc Forums have threads on this device. I looked up the IS and no Lexus is mentioned. It does state that you need flybywire throttle. Don't know if Lexus's have FBW, but Skoda's and Fiats do...so assuming it does?

Has anyone come across this, and could this help with the flatspots?

wouldnt this be better option? http://www.dieseltuningbox.com/lexus.html (thank for the link Illestit), just want to know if anyone here had tried this device yet....
a unit called the spider was mentioned some months ago by nate 73 who i think has since defected to audi,i don't know if he ever installed one though.

I have this unit installed, did it on sunday. Makes so much difference. You can feel the extra power, the car has less of a flat spot before the turbo and the torque is awesome, just testing the mpg at the moment. So far im averaging the same but havent really drove economically yet, although i did today and was getting in excess of 48mpg

wouldnt this be better option? http://www.dieseltuningbox.com/lexus.html (thank for the link Illestit), just want to know if anyone here had tried this device yet....
a unit called the spider was mentioned some months ago by nate 73 who i think has since defected to audi,i don't know if he ever installed one though.

I have this unit installed, did it on sunday. Makes so much difference. You can feel the extra power, the car has less of a flat spot before the turbo and the torque is awesome, just testing the mpg at the moment. So far im averaging the same but havent really drove economically yet, although i did today and was getting in excess of 48mpg

is there any change in your insurance premiumand can you let us know some details of the fitting procedure,can you remove the unit easily in case of lex dealer visits.

is there any change in your insurance premiumand can you let us know some details of the fitting procedure,can you remove the unit easily in case of lex dealer visits.

My other car is an Astra Sri 150 and there are plenty of guys running around with these, some guys have declared it as a fuel saving device and gotten away with it... after it does save fuel but also put the bhp up a few notches

It is a box that connects to the diesel pressure sensor and it alters the voltage, this results in the diesel being injected at a higher pressure whcih results in a better combustion whilst being more efficient... I think... :blush:

Can be removed easily enough for visits to dealer....

Just got the Astra and will be investing in one next month

Fitting Instructions

My other car is an Astra Sri 150 and there are plenty of guys running around with these, some guys have declared it as a fuel saving device and gotten away with it... after it does save fuel but also put the bhp up a few notches

It is a box that connects to the diesel pressure sensor and it alters the voltage, this results in the diesel being injected at a higher pressure whcih results in a better combustion whilst being more efficient... I think... :blush:

Can be removed easily enough for visits to dealer....

Just got the Astra and will be investing in one next month

Fitting Instructions

is it the lexus that you have this fitted to or the astra.

but did you had a 5th Injector recall done? i had my done and the flat spot problem seem to be gone, so unless this device make it alots better even after the 5th injector recall, then i will question if its money good spend. also which one you fitted to your car? Spider® diesel tuning system or the Venom system?

Regards

Maz

but did you had a 5th Injector recall done? i had my done and the flat spot problem seem to be gone, so unless this device make it alots better even after the 5th injector recall, then i will question if its money good spend. also which one you fitted to your car? Spider® diesel tuning system or the Venom system?

Regards

Maz

the unit took 10mins to install, its the spider unit which constantly updates to provide performance or economy depending on how you drive. You simply connect the unit into the common rail socket and attach the unit to the Battery and your done, all instructions are included. I havent had the fifth injector done, my 220d is a 57 plate. It still has the turbo lag at low revs but its so much better now than before and im afraid that 6th gear is still quite poor, however there is some improvement. Im off to London today so ill let you know what the mpg is like after the journey. I drove through Notts yesterday though and was averaging 48mpg.

My whole point for raising this was that th flatspot on my car as getting worse with mileage, or so it seemed. And the threads on SB seem to indicate that it improved throttle response, which seems pretty dire on the IS220d compared to any of the competition.

There is a distinct diffrence in what is available from what I have gleaned:

The SB only "enhances" the signal, so it does not actually affect warranty or insurance. It doesn't change the mapping or output. Just makes it more sensitive and clear...

The Spider and other devices like Venom DT can actually increase BHP and or change the ECU mapping. For that you really do need to be careful. Both Insurance and dealership approval should be sought, though most people just flunk it.

PS - Gooseygopher - 6th is distinctly an Autobahn gear....even my handbook stated that it was recommended for use at speeds greater than 75mph...

• 1 month later...

I had a sprintbox for me ES300 here in HK. I think they are a great bit of kit. Improves throttle response as soon as you plug it in! It definetely gave my ES a bit more punch. Not sure how it really works, but will have one installed when I look to buy a SC430 in the next couple months...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links