Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 300 A/c Problems

Hello, I have an RX300 and its had all kinds of Air Conditioning problems. First, my compressor seized up and cost about $3000 to repair and it happened 2,000 miles after the 50,000 mile warranty. Then about 1 year later I had to fix the air conditioning control, driver side blew out cold air and the passenger blew out warm air...........go figure. That was about $500. And just recently the A/C control issue happened again. So at this time I will never buy another Lexus.

i wouldnt say "im never going to own another lexus" because of this..........

its bad its happened its worse because the cars out of warrenty.

i would contact your lexus HQ.....and tell them your not happy

ive never heard of a failing aircon before, maybe your car was the friday lemon...maybe theres a inherent fault within your cars system

Maruzo,

[i know this is a little off the subject]

So what exactly does the 'extended warranty' cover?

Is it EVERYTHING that the original warranty covered, with just the mileage being extended to 100k? Or are there other 'little things' removed from the original warranty?

My warranty is about to expire in a few months and Im wondering if I should get the extended warranty. Plus are you in the US, or do you know if different countries/dealerships offer different warranties.

Im on a lot of other RX message boards and I dont think anyones ever actaully gotten the lexus extended warranty.

Thanks much

Yeah, I would watch out for the AC problem. Maybe it's only mine and I should get the whole system looked at to find the true root cause. It's just frustrating, when you spend all that money and you keep having problems. In Grad school, I had a 1989 Nissan Maxima(spent $2500 for it) that had over 350,000 miles on it and I never had any problems, best car ever. Then I spent over $39,000 on a LEXUS and have had all kinds of problems.....doesn't make sense. The one thing that I look at is that a car has 1 major problem area and I'm glad its only the AC and not the engine..........with this said my Lexus should run over 500,000 miles.

gookookoo:

I got my extended warranty from a u.s. dealership when i purchased the vehicle. It does cover everything in the original warranty, so basically it doubles your warranty mileage. It's a good insurance. I've had to replace a/c and transmission on an older bmw which would have cost me $3000 plus if i didn't have the extended warranty on it.

lexusbc:

You should really look into the engine sludge issues on the lexus rx-300. Mine is just over 10,000 miles and i've already switched to using fully-synthetic motor oil (Mobil 1 5W40). And i'm maintaining a consistent 3000 miles oil service interval. The engine runs pretty cool (a tad below the half-way mark on engine temp) and strong.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

The air conditioning in my 2002 RX300 is not working. Like you, the passenger side is blowing warm air while the driver side is cold air. The car has 34,000 miles. Any help you can give me before I take it to the dealer will be appreciated. What was the problem with yours?

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After having 3 of our 5 Mercedes with A/C problems, we were convinced by our Lexus owning friends to switch to Lexus RX300. So with much anticipation and enthusiasm, in February, 2001, we purchased what was to be our easy, troublefree car (their Lexus is one of th original and they have had minimal trouble in nearly 13 years).

Unfortunately, maybe it is our garage or something, but we are back to A/C problems. We drive over 2 hours from the coast to our home and in this distance the temperature can vary up to 20-25 degrees (northern California).With the outside temperature at 45 F and the heat on 75F, we get blasts of cold air rather than heat.

Our friends, the Lexus owners, couldn't believe us until they rode the 4-1/2 hours to Yosemite in the back of our Lexus. Between the blasts of cold air and the often, uncomfortable changing of the temperature they agreed we have a problem.

We complained to our service rep each time we brought it in and they did nothing. We wrote to Lexus and they referred us back to our service manager who now says there is nothing they can do; this is a problem with this car.

Hey, wait! We paid almost $40,000. for this car with what kind of guaranty?

Has anyone had an independent A/C repair place fix this on their car? My wife thinks we should do that and take Lexus to small claims court.

What about the lemon law? Has anyone looked into that?

Gerson Jacobs

Gerson Jacobs

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links