Sign in to follow this  
lexussport

Gs 430 Tte Sport For Sale

I have agreed to part exchange it for the TVR although until it goes on Friday I am open to offers.

Its secondhand one Rich from a TVR dealer with a warranty, and as I now have a VW Passat for work the TVR will be used at weekends.

A lot of people talk about the negatives of owning a TVR, however there are lots of owners who have very little trouble, but you dont see people posting that in forums.

It has looks to die for and performance to match (yes i have seen the claims of lower than 420bhp) but i also remember it beating all of its rivals on that 2 mile runway video clarkson did.

I am going into this with my eyes open, it's a handbuilt supercar. It's not a massed produced Toyota.

I have lost over a £1,000 a month every month in depreciation for the last 3.5 years of ownership of Lexus's. :sad:

The TVR will be overal much cheaper than the Lexus.............................

However, I shall be buying another Lexus as I am still passionate about them and will be staying in touch with all the great people I have got to know through the club. :D

All I have to do now is work out how to buy another Lexus (fancy a GS 300 sport series one) and hide it from the wife? any ideas will be gratfully received. :D

This is it....................

DSCF0001.sized.jpg

TAXI :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry dave.. had to be said :lol:

I hope you do buy another Lexus as I always hate to see valuable members sell their cars! We can all see your passion on Lexus and yes I really do think it is a wise choice to buy an older GS... that should stabilise it's depreciation!

Supercars come at supercar prices. At least having a second luxury car might be a good thing. I used to remember driving my old van about all day then getting in my Honda Prelude and it always used to feel sooo quick after driving an old rust bucket van all that time.

oh.. and if you do bring your TVR to a meet remember I want you to give me a spin in it (as passenger of course)

:)

Be sure to get full AA-tow-home breakdown cover...

dave, you could always buy an old IS200.

wave that dave wand over a 200 like you did the 430 :yahoo: ,and it will be a sinsible car to pass onto hollow legs when hes older ;)

wave that dave wand over a 200 like you did the 430 :yahoo: ,and it will be a sinsible car to pass onto hollow legs when hes older ;)

Ooh i can see a sibling rivalry fight brewing here already :D

It'll all end in tears .. :lol::blink::lol:

The car is soldddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

thanks for looking :)

Who did you sell it to Dave? Hope we continue to see the car on the forums by the new owner!

This is it....................

DSCF0001.sized.jpg

Was over in Bromsgrove last month, TVR dealer over the road, this photo looks very much like their front and they had a nice GS430 for sale......wouldn't have been yours would it?

was it a gold GS with 17" rims? sports model...could have been...interested to see what they have priced it at after the derisory offer in part Ex that Dave mentioned :mat:

was it a gold GS with 17" rims? sports model...could have been...interested to see what they have priced it at after the derisory offer in part Ex that Dave mentioned :mat:

Yep - it was gold, had 17" or 18" rims, was a sport model and I also noted a TTS sticker on the front spoiler.

Price was £21,000

At JAE Dave mentioned the dealer still hadn't been able to sell it and had dropped the price a couple of K.

:zee: ....................Nah.. gotta be a dark colour for me I'm affraid.

But yes, I'd be lying if I said the thought had not seriously crossed my mind.

Loz :whistling:

What dealer? Do you know the current price?

Just so you know:

The gs was sold a few weeks ago to a guy in Bromsgrove, and yes we left a flyer ;) So look out for any newbies or a gs cruisin' around the redditch, bromsgrove area(Worcestershire).

The garage reduced the price as it was stuck to the forecourt :o

Mac, yep definatly ours. That photo was took outside the bromsgrove dealer :D

Loz, we took the sports wheels off and sold them to a guy after he saw them advertised on here! We put the standard wheels on, absolutly no idea what size, :blink: sorry!

Last price they had it at for sale was(weekend of JAE) £20k, it had started off at £23k. So it has lost at least £3k in the last 3 months and 50% of its value over 3 years (was over £40k new). As a part exchange I got £16.5k :angry:

Thats one good reason not to buy a Lexus.......... Very poor residual values :yack:

Last price they had it at for sale was(weekend of JAE) £20k, it had started off at £23k. So it has lost at least £3k in the last 3 months and 50% of its value over 3 years (was over £40k new). As a part exchange I got £16.5k :angry:

Thats one good reason not to buy a Lexus.......... Very poor residual values :yack:

surely purchasing something 1 year old would be better?

Dave,

I know you know how to make Numbers work. That is why you can afford the cars that you have had and have. But tell me one thing for my own peace of mind:

WHy did you buy brand new cars?

You must know that the 1st owner is always the one who suffers the most in the dreaded "D" word. If that was an issue, why didn't you look for used examples? or were there none arround at the time. Were you one of the first with the GS 430? guess that would make sense.

Me? I am too poor and too tight ( Yorkshire Born afterall!) to shell out so much and get so little back. I used to do it 3/4 years ago. never again. even as the richest man on the planet I would not buy brand new if I could avoid it. cos I don't like having my pants pulled down. I guess thats where you are now?

ok ok... thats more than the "one thing" I asked for... Sorry :shutit:

:zee:

The gs was sold a few weeks ago to a guy in Bromsgrove

:tsktsk: I would have driven up there today to look at it :angry:

this car is sold