Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recognising & Giving Way To Another Lexus

It may sound bizarre but do you ever wave your hand, flash your headlights or stop to give way to another Lexus (regardless what model)? Or do you just treat them like another car on the road?

I personally have noticed that most IS200 owners do give way to me (if I were waiting at a junction etc) and some of them would even flash their headlights (just to say hi) and that pound smile follows it.

And because of this, I have started to do the same.

Are you one of those drivers?

I'm round Heathrow way every so often so i may have been one being nice :). I tend to let IS200 owners more slack than other Lexus owners TBH but then the fat cat in his ls600h doesnt really need my help does he??

I'd let ya out mate.

I think I proably do this. But I used to in my Celica too. (To other Celicas, that is!)

I have noticed this more so on a bike. Not so much giving way etc. (With that power to weight ratio, you only need the tiniest gap anyway!) But if you are out on a superbike, other bikers will nod and acknowlegde you, especially round town, at slower speeds.

I always flashed and nodded to acknowledge but never got it in return , Stoney's right when I had my R1 everybody else on a big bike nodded and acknowlegded its like a brotherhood , makes you feel good too , shame all Lex drivers aren't like it , I've had my clio since the 7th of Aug and I've seen another one almost identical to mine coming the other way , he flashed and put a thumb up to which I duly replied with the same , nice.

Stoney's right when I had my R1 everybody else on a big bike nodded and acknowlegded its like a brotherhood , makes you feel good too , shame all Lex drivers aren't like it.

Yeh, and I got nods of sympathy riding the R6 with half the fairings missing! I've found bikers often just come up and start chatting to you, they are a friendly people.

he flashed and put a thumb up to which I duly replied with the same , nice.

How did ya get ure clothes off so quickly while driving! And where did ya put the thumb up? (Sorry, may have gone a little far with that one!)

when around in my lexus i always acknowledge other lexus drivers polite wive and occasional nod lol

but around my area of doncaster most lexus drivers are considerable older than me and tend to just shrug it off as if i was just someone being perhaps silly

anyway i guess no matter what car/bike you drive/ride you always tend to give other some admiration

I always give way to them, but I don't bother acknowledging them just in passing, just cos most of the drivers aren't paying attention to the other drivers anyway

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Mini Cooper (BMW) before trading up to my IS and it was always like being in a club with every other Mini driver waving as we passed each other. I've seen nothing like it in any other car including the Lexie.

On my Yammie it doesn't matter what the make of the other bike, there's always a wave. Plus a Foccer (FazerOwnersClub)salute for anyone with a Fazer of clenched left fist against the front of the helmet (ooer madam).

I miss all that if I'm honest :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links