Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All - Potential New Is200/altezza Owner Here!

Pabs

Hi All,

Well I've been on here before, (luckily remembered my login too) and I'm back!

Short version of a quite long story...

I'm selling my black Toyota Supra GZ TT Aerotop as my girlfriend and I have split up, and I need to pay off some debt.

However, that means I need to find an alternative car, and I love the IS200/Altezza so am hoping I can find my way into one! I was all for an Altezza, but it seems they are few and far between (especially with the budget I have) so was thinking perhaps I get an IS200 Sport or similar, and then get a supercharger at a later stage? Current budget would probably be a MAX of 6.5k, possibly a little more here/there if I can squeeze the bank! (lol)

Anyway, if you've got any tips/links about the above I'd appreciate it - I am searching the forums daily now for info but there's so much to learn!

Paul

You should be able to get a decent older IS200 for that sort of budget. Shop around, bear in mind that it's a buyer's market (so some might be asking unreasonable prices), and also bear in mind the stupid tax increase for cars registered from March 2001 onwards. You might find some cars for sale on here too.

You should be able to get a decent older IS200 for that sort of budget. Shop around, bear in mind that it's a buyer's market (so some might be asking unreasonable prices), and also bear in mind the stupid tax increase for cars registered from March 2001 onwards. You might find some cars for sale on here too.

Thanks mate. Yes - I'm aware of the 2001 tax increase... all the cars I find on autotrader etc are newer :(

I've obviously got a car to sell that's not easy to sell in the current climate, but hopefully it's going to be exported to Holland as I've got a very interested buyer over there. It just means I can't buy until I've sold... so fingers crossed!

dont be put of with newer better condition cars because of the "possible" tax hike....

I thought it wasn't a possible, but more likely a definate?

My 1.8 20VT Cupra cost me £210 to tax last year, and next year it would be £260.

My 3.0 Twin Turbo cost me £185 to tax this year, and will virtually the same going forward....

Agreed, better condition, perhaps lower miles, but it'd be quite a lot extra to tax... I don't know yet - will see what I can find!

I found some older IS200s on the Auto Trader website recently, in fact I bought one ! :D So don't give up, keep looking.

I guess nothing is definite as far as the tax hike goes, it's planned, but it's possible there could be a change of government and/or change of mind. By the way, the IS200's tax is planned to go up to £400 (!) from 2010 for the newer models.

I wasn't suggesting necessarily avoiding newer models, just bear it in mind - e.g. use it as a bargaining tool (sorry to anyone here trying to sell a newer model ! :blush: )

I found a very wide range of prices out there when I was looking.

thanks stav - saw that and it looks very tidy :)

I'm hoping my sale is done with quickly, then I might be able to look at cars like this! Unfortunately due to the relationship split I need to pay off some debts, and I don't know how big they will be until I've got the cash from the sale.

Anyway - thanks again tho! Love your car too!

I'm hoping my sale is done with quickly, then I might be able to look at cars like this! Unfortunately due to the relationship split I need to pay off some debts, and I don't know how big they will be until I've got the cash from the sale.

not anymore

not anymore

????

You know something i dont Aaron?

Edit: Just seen the other post. Ba****ds!

I'm sorry if I have missed something, but can someone point me to where it explains how to tell the difference between an IS200 and an IS300?

I know the engine is a 3.0l (IS300) instead of 2.0l (IS200) but I can't seem to find any around? Or are they much more expensive because of being newer or something?

Sorry for being a dumb-a** ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links