Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi first of all,my first post,sold my Skyine now and i've really got my mind set on getting a Lexus,i was wanting a GS300,but seems like the MPG between the GS and the LS isn't that different after all,

but i'd like some definate answers please on their MPG,although i'm not that fussed about it (got to be better than £70 of fuel for 240 miles from the Skyline!!).

Is the LS that much better of a car than the GS? I love my V8's and i've got to admit i'm wanting the LS so i can get a nice exhaust system on their to hear the V8 from it!!!

But i think i like the looks of the GS more but thats personal taste anyway....

Comfort wise,is their much different between the two,i know i'll take them out on test drives but there's so much you can do on one.

What i really need to know is how they are in the long run as i plan on keeping the car for atleast 2 years,comfort wise and space wise,how comfortable would you be having 5 people in the car for a 3 hour + journey ???

It will be a daily driver though,so the fuel bills will add a lil bit into the deciding factor as i'm still a student with part time work.....

And it'll get driven locally the most,with a 20 mile drive to uni each way aswell,

Well thats all for now,thanks

Emil

alright mate welcome to the club, there is a difference between the two. the gs is more of a drivers car. anyway as u say its personal preference, our ls430 can give up2 30mpg on the motorway. why not get a gs430, that way u get the looks of the gs300, with the engine of a lexus ls430.

I agree with Anuj. If you prefer the look of the GS then go for a GS 430. As for fuel consumption, you say you are getting around 240 miles for £70 which at £1.10 per ltr. is about 17mpg. Dependant on your driving a 430 would give 17/20 round town. On a run it's only ever me & wife in car so no idea what you could expect with 5 in the car.

Whichever model you decide on, it will be a great drive.

i'm actually paying £1.18 a litre as i have to use V Power so even less than 17mpg!!! :shutit:

I haven't got enough money to get myself a GS430,saving up at the same time and can't spend that much on the car.

Tried an insurance quote on an LS,cheapest i found via the net was £1800 compared to £1300 for the GS,and i think i could get it down alot more than that by calling people up anyway

thanks thoguh :)

bruv have you considered the aristo V300 (gs300 with the supra twin turbo lump) ? thats what i drive and love it! i have to say ....im sure i found out its the same fuel consumption as the v8's when i was doing my research..which is between 18-22 mpg not bad IMO with having discreet twinturbo power paired with luxury and the potential for future power mods

what skyline did you have?

O yes,that's what i'd love to get but i can't afford it get one at that price!!!

As said before,i'm saving up and don't want to spend all my money on the one car,the saving up is for another R33 GTR,i had an R33 GTS myself and my dad had a R33 GTR,he sold the GTR back in Feb and nothing that i've driven has been the same since that GTR,only reason why i'm looking at saving is to get myself an R33 GTR for when i leave uni

Another side factor is that all the cars i've had,so far have been dead low,dead loud and stupid fast,i need something that won't loose my license and is comfortable for once!

exactly thats why you gotta be PIMPIN now lol!

so whats your lets say "budget then"?

im tellin you get an aristo there not stupidly fast there about 280-300 bhp standard but considering the weight of these cars there not that fast unless u mod them . ive never looked back. plus mine has a proper factory screen that you can convert to freeveiw tv (on my to do list) i use to drive 200sx's corolla gt mark 1's mr2's etc lol!

funny that i bought mine from b'ham aswell

lol,yep something with comfort is now required for me,sound like i'm getting old and i'm only 21 :crybaby:

Well budget isn't really huge,half of what i'd need for a UK Vertex or and Aristo,the most i can spend is £3000 at the moment,i could wait another 2/3 months and have atleast £4000 to play around with but my current insurance is up at the start of October,and as said already i want an R33 GTR again next year along with a daily driver so saving,as much as i'd love the 2JZ in it,i'll end up getting it tuned and spending all my money on the car again and then it'll end up at the same place where i'll loose my license

On another side,my cousin lives opposite me and he is currently looking for a Twin Turbo Supra,so all i need to do is cross the road and get into his car if i want :winky:

i bought mine for £5000 im 25 and payed £1200 last year on a first time policy on my name with no claims . the thing is with aristo's some V5's say toyota aristo turbo and some say lexus gs300 so mine is insured as lexus gs300 import

do you go to santapod? we go every year mainly japshow

i bought mine for £5000 im 25 and payed £1200 last year on a first time policy on my name with no claims . the thing is with aristo's some V5's say toyota aristo turbo and some say lexus gs300 so mine is insured as lexus gs300 import

do you go to santapod? we go every year mainly japshow

is that for a MK1 or MK2 GS then mate? I've got 3 years no claim's so not to bad for me,and yes i use to go down Santa Pod alot before,this year haven't gone down yet as i've not been able to get time off work along with not wanting to spend over £100 on one day,IMO most of the shows now seem the same to me as i went to alot over the last 3 years,JapFest,Time Attack Rounds etc,i'm the West Mids Rep for the GTROC

having owned both an LS and a gs they are both lovely cars but give a different driving experience.

Ls wafts along and on long motorway cruises I don't think you could buy a better car.

However for short journeys or country/city road use they feel a tad bulky.

You are also unlikely to feel like racing around on bendy roads. It's just not that type of car.

The gs on the other hand has a more sporty feel. I have the 430 and have surprised quite a few bmw and young kids in their modded cars.

Not so many toys in a gs but more than enough- excellent on long runs - but not quite the same as the ls.

Given the choice I'd go for the gs everytime but that's due to the driving distances I do and type of driving.

You'll enjoy whichever one you buy though.

I used to have a 2001 GS300SE with navigation. I really liked the car. It was very smooth, quiet, and had a fiar amount of grunt considering the size of the car with just a three litre engine. I must admit, it had one of the nicest sounding six cylender engines going in my opinion. But, and this is a big but, I find my current LS430 to be a compleatly different and far superior car. I didn't think that things could be quieter inside than a GS but boy was I wrong. The LS is whisper quiet. But the best thing is the 4.3 litre V8 engine. It is so lazy. At 70mph it's doing about 1,700 rpm. It is so lazy but when you do hoof it one, it is quicker than most things out there. You just have to bear in mind it must weigh the best part of two tonnes. I also like the way that everything in it moves electrically. Even the head restraints. In my opinion, go for an LS430.

well after getting my provisional insurance quotes the LS is out of the question as it's just to much for me to spend monthly on it alone,then adding petorl/maintance and other general expenses per month it'll leave me with like £20 to spend,lol

depending how soon i can save my money i'll be looking at more expensive options,but ultimately i want one before th 17th October as thats when my current insurance runs out and i do not want to re-new it

I cant imagine a GS being that much cheaper.....If money is that tight I'd suggest possibly looking at something else entirely....neither the GS or LS are "cheap" to run.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links