Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone.

Sorry for not posting recently, have been too busy driving the lovely lex around the place. I had a horrible groaning noise from the front of the car a few months ago, which only required some lubricant to fix.

However, NZ has recently suffered from severe downpours all over the place, and have discovered some serious leaks! The boot leak seems to be a common problem. (I found a pool of water underneath the carpet in the boot!). Thankfully I was able to clean up the mess when it was relatively fresh... anyhow the main problem is actually in the cabin. Near the passenger speaker water is entering the cabin, just to the left of the glove box (remember, that's on a right hand drive car) so right next to the passenger door. I'm not sure how the water gets there, but it does, and the passenger's footwell was honestly like a pool; I've dried it out twice now.

Has anyone had the same problem? Would be excellent if they could, or someone who knows what might be going on, spend a minute to explain how to rectify the problem. I don't have the time or skills to do it myself, but thought I ought to try to understand what the problem is before spending bucket loads on understanding the problem.

Just as a side note too, has anyone experienced a whistling/whining at city speeds? Between 55 and 58kph the car sometimes starts a whistling type thing - it's not anything to do with the aerodynamics, I'm sure, it seems to do it more when it's cold. Any ideas? It doesn't seem serious, and passengers often don't notice if the radio is on quietly.

Thanks in advance.

Check the drain holes at each corner of the windscreen are not blocked with leaves etc.

Boot seal has been mentioned as a problem sometimes, but never happened to me.

Also check drains for sliding roof...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links