Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Veggie Oil Fuel Conversions

Would anyone consider a conversion in their diesel from diesel to veggie oil?

The savings are great!! Even better if you can get used veggie oil. But even new veggie oil is a big saving.

See this conversion: http://www.dieselveg.com

you can do it without.

I fancy getting an oul diesel run about and stick veggie oil straight in, happy cheap motoring around town, and dont pay mr brown.

from what i understand...you cant use veg oil on modern direct injection diesels...successfully, i wouldnt want to run the new toyota diesels on it, put it that way

also, look at the price of a litre of veg oil in Tesco.......

it aint much of a saving

Read the FAQ mate.. can be used on modern engines, from what they say.

Also dont go to tescos, go to the suppliers who supply chip shops.

Chip shops can supply used where you need to filter it and register with customs as a home producer. its about 27p a liter in tax. Total about 30p per liter in fuel after costs, happy days!

From the FAQ

Can the new generation of diesel engines (direct injection, common rail) be operated with vegetable oil?

Yes new technology is available

You are allowed 2500 liters per annum without paying duty. I use bio diesel in my truck and top up with diesel, as I can only get 25 liters per week from my supplier. He recycles used sunflower oil from the local crisp factory, and this goes through, I believe at least two filtration systems, then heated to a certain temperature to remove any water

Then the last process is to have the glycerin removed.

Using neat veg oil, unless diluted with mineral diesel, can gum up the injectors. Some people add a liter of unleaded to dilute it even more

This Linky might provide an insight to the use of Veg oils

Edited by peter026

My new car actually states "No Biodiesel" on the fuel cap....

Dunno if anyone saw the Pulling Power (or was it 5th Gear??) a couple of years ago - they famously ran an old Merc Diesel on 2nd hand chip shop fat. It ran as well as Diesel, same performance. economy etc.

In fact I am LED to believe that the first diesel engine was designed to run on fat/oil.

I really don't know about the facts of being able to run a modern Turbo Direct Injection diesel on cooking oil, but even at Asda, 1 litre of Cheapo Veggie oil is the same cost 1 litre of diesel at their pumps :lol:

ASDA Vegetable oil 1LT

Use oil and spreads in moderation. These oils are high in good fats and healthier for your heart

£1.19

£1.19 per l

Mind you, it is low in Saturates and high in Monosaturates ;) B)

I've heard that you've got to be careful with used veg oil. If it's been used for cooking chips, fine. If it's been used for meat (sausages for example) the animal fat can clog the fuel line.

Could try the Chineses, apparently they change their oil more often than the chippies do.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links