Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Stolen At 1:45 This Morning

corsavandal

So i was woken this morning to the sound of the window on my front door being smashed. went to investigate and discover some thieving C*** had grabbed the keys to my Mothers A4 cab and the car itself.

Police were quick to respond but dont seem too sure as to weather the car will be recovered or not. Its nothing too exotic but the colour (gold) is rare as rocking horse poop so i think its going to get ringed and we'll never see it again.

Mums on holiday in Bulgaria, so its not news she's going to welcome upon her return.

Just thoought i'd share the news as it's infuriated me that there's people who wont buy a car they want and have to resort to p!55!ng others off by taking theirs.

Now i have to take the day off work, sort out the home insurance to get the door fixed aswell as try and get the car insurance company to act now rather than when mum returns on Sunday.

my advice would be to get a tracker fit if there isnt already one on you car stav. the SLK200 she had last year had one and my bosses cars have them. Mums SLK never got pinched but my bosses car did.

Police found their car (with driver) before they even arrived at the house to take a statement all because of the tracker. money well spent for the best piece of mind possible.

after watching a proram about this sort of thing years ago i have always brought my house/car keys to the bedroom every night. could not sleep leaving them else where. but a guy a few doors down had his car stole at tea time one day, guy walked in as door was not locked took keys out of the door and got in the car. the guy heard it start and looked out the window to see it drive off. police never found it.

daylight robbery.

sorry to hear about your loss.

Bloody hell, not another one...........I hope this isn't the start of another car crimewave - the last time this happened mine got stolen too :crybaby:

I'd definitely not recommend taking the keys to bed with you, don't keep them near the front door, but leave them in plain sight somewhere else downstairs - once they're in the house I'd much rather they simply took the car than come looking for them :shutit:

Really sorry to hear about this, hopefully you get the car back unharmed and glad no one was hurt. If it is a rare colour, post up pics if you have them and the license plates etc, we can all keep an eye out

Sorry to hear about your probs - not nice - My parents were broken into whilst they were away and I had to give them the news - Picked them up from the airport and waited until we got back to the house to tell them - not nice.

Got to admit - Have always taken my car and house keys upstairs when I go to bed - and have even got up in the middle of the night to fetch them when I once forgot......but my house is alarmed like fort knox with a direct connection to an alarm receiving centre.

ALso bought one of those cheap GPS tracker devices - You just put a PAYG SIM in and when you want to know where the car is - you just call the number - it then text's you back the GPS grid co-ords, what speed it is doing etc -

You can also set up to automatically text you if the car moves - or you can ringfence an area, set up to alert if goes over a set speed etc.

Quite neat - but works well.

You can also call and listen in to the conversation that is going on (discretely - automatically answers without ringing) which could be useful.

Battery life isnt great (~ 2 days if you dont charge) - but Ive got mine hooked up to direct feed - which I suggest anyone else does.

£150 to buy - size of a large matchbox - No running costs other than the texts you get it to send when you want to know where it is. As its portable - you can even chuck in the kids bag if they go on a school trip etc

PM'd but heres where I got from and product link incase anyone else interested......I suppose if multiple people interested then a bulk buy discount may possibly be available

EDIT: Now heres the link ;o)

http://www.max.tv/product-detail.asp?number=415GB

Edited by Mark W

Yet another victim. Sorry to hear your news.

Regarding trackers - personally I wouldn't want my car back after it had been stolen - it would never feel the same again.

Coolrides and Mark W - NEVER take your keys to bed with you. If the car is being 'stolen to order' or anything by an organised gang, they'll get the car regardless of where the keys are. The choice is they either get the keys from the kitchen or hall and take the car whilst you're asleep, or they get the keys from you in bed and you get a lovely cricket bat to the head. Given the choice, I know what I'd prefer.

no way i will always keep em with me, right beside the baseball bat beside the bed, rather go to jail than let some wee tw*t take my car without a fight lol.

prob was not on english news but few years ago the local boys caught a joyrider and nailed his hands to a fence. fair punishment i think lol.

Yet another victim. Sorry to hear your news.

Regarding trackers - personally I wouldn't want my car back after it had been stolen - it would never feel the same again.

Coolrides and Mark W - NEVER take your keys to bed with you. If the car is being 'stolen to order' or anything by an organised gang, they'll get the car regardless of where the keys are. The choice is they either get the keys from the kitchen or hall and take the car whilst you're asleep, or they get the keys from you in bed and you get a lovely cricket bat to the head. Given the choice, I know what I'd prefer.

I know what you mean about not wanting back - but its the cheapest option - Insurance companies never seem to pay what it takes to get a replacement plus you are then stung on your no claims bonus. With a tracker device you know straight away its been taken - and hopefully the police will support and respond in a quick manner - hopefully meaning you get your car back undamaged and not thrashed to bits. If you really then dont want it - you can sell it - but you get what its worth and dont lose your no claims.

Re taking my keys to bed - As they are climbing through the window I'll be getting a call to say theres someone breaking in and so will the police - and I'll be waiting for them - prepared.

if you go to BBC news site and put in

Belfast impaling attack condemned

its the story about the car thief. serves him right if you ask me. being nicked a few times would never stop him this might give him the message.

PS i still dont no how to post a link so any help would be good lol

reading that, it doesnt actually state the victim of that crime was a criminal or car theif, but at the bottom it states

Detectives are examining a BMW car containing two blood-stained baseball bats which was stolen in the Dunmurry area early on Saturday morning.

It was later found near the Kennedy Centre in Anderstonstown.

They have also examined a red Rover car found near the scene of the attack.

did he steal a car, then a gang beat him up?

its the story about the car thief. serves him right if you ask me. being nicked a few times would never stop him this might give him the message.

You know, I'm kinda with you on that one. Getting arrested (if the police could actually be bothered to catch him - not their fault - just the pressure they're under by the government) and getting his wrists slapped, told not to be a naughty boy but basically let off wouldn't have anywhere near the effect this had. He'll most definitely never steal a car again, and I'd like to hazard a guess that no other cars were stolen around there for a while too. In it's own way, it was effective. Barbaric and OTT yes, but effective nonetheless. It doesn't make it right though.

Saudi Arabia has similar ideas - chop their hands off - seems to work.

i agree its not right but it made a lot of people think twice about doin it, locally we heard he was stealing cars from an area and the boys found out an got him one night. you prob find the stolen bmw was one of their own as an insurance job. lol

harsh punishment but i would not like to think he did it again.

or then he really really stupid

well the cars been recovered 10 or 15 miles away in a dump of an estate. unmarked, and no signs of false plates being on it, but forensics were powdering it up yesterday in search of prints anyway.

Keys havent been found so locks, ignition and anything else they're linked to will need changing. Quite expensive i should imagine. The front door on the other hand alot cheaper, £50 excess and they're replacing the whole panel.

Glad it's found intact. The :tsktsk: who took it and gave you so much worry, inconvenience and no doubt expense only went 10/15 miles and not even hidden after all that effort........how daft was that. Hope they get caught, cos that way even if the court sends them on holiday to Kenya, you can arrange a "welcome home party" for them on their return.