Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ultimate Ipod Interface Adapter

We too have an Oct 05 RX400h SE-L, would really like the SL2Vi model from VaisTech but as Mark Burton said, the application guide says its only good for 2006-2008 models (when in 2006??). I really want the iPod info on the touch screen rather than the cramped radio LCD. Is there any way to find out whether the screen is compatible?

Can anyone with the SL2i confirm whether they get the iPod track details on the radio screen (track name)? Or just "disk 1 - track 1" ? I don't see any info about MD Changer capabilities in the car or the manual, so I assume we'll have to go with CD Changer mode, but it does have CD-text. My wife is probably going to use this the most, she listens to audiobooks a lot and I'm worried she won't be able to navigate around, plus, if for example she presses Track+/- on the wheel, whether she'll be able to get back to her previous position (can you scan through tracks with this unit?)

Would be so handy to see one working...!

Cheers

Durwin

Hi Durwin,

Best way to be sure is to drop Vais Tech a line at info@vaistech.com, they are very helpful.

Cheers.

We too have an Oct 05 RX400h SE-L, would really like the SL2Vi model from VaisTech but as Mark Burton said, the application guide says its only good for 2006-2008 models (when in 2006??). I really want the iPod info on the touch screen rather than the cramped radio LCD. Is there any way to find out whether the screen is compatible?

Can anyone with the SL2i confirm whether they get the iPod track details on the radio screen (track name)? Or just "disk 1 - track 1" ? I don't see any info about MD Changer capabilities in the car or the manual, so I assume we'll have to go with CD Changer mode, but it does have CD-text. My wife is probably going to use this the most, she listens to audiobooks a lot and I'm worried she won't be able to navigate around, plus, if for example she presses Track+/- on the wheel, whether she'll be able to get back to her previous position (can you scan through tracks with this unit?)

Would be so handy to see one working...!

Cheers

Durwin

If you can control the audio on the Nav screen then you will get track names, artist name and album title, including excellent menu navigation. I know this is possible with all MultiMedia systems that can play the DVDs from the head unit. If you cannot control the audio from the screen, then you will not get the track names etc on the screen and you would be better off getting the cheaper Lexus unit (I think its the Dennison unit , http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway500.php)

I bought my Vais unit from http://www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk/componen...d,44/Itemid,26/, and I fitted it myself. (Took me a few hours because I was nervous of getting it all wrong, but it is straight forward. Just do NOT drop a screw, it will rattle forever and the joy of your Lexus drive will be severely impaired). The supplier can fit it for you if you can get there. Otherwise, your Lexus dealer might do it or you could get an independent. You are not interfering with anything major, the unit simply plugs into the back of the headunit and hey presto.

Jaroph

• 11 months later...

Just taken delivery of new IS220D. Very pleased, though just spent 5 minutes this morning trying to work out how to operate the rear windscreen wiper before realising that there isn't one. Don't know if that's a Lexus peculiarity or just that I'm used to hatchbacks rather than saloons. Anyway, more relevantly, I made the mistake of buying the Lexus Ipod integration kit with the car. I've got the problem described here of no playlist names etc. showing up. But it looks like it's a pretty poor product even if I get them to fix that. The Vaistech sounds like a much better solution. I'm loath to start taking things to bits myself, so wonder if anybody has any information on competent UK-based fitters for this kind of kit? I'm in Stoke/Crewe area, but motivated enough to travel. Cheers, guys.

Just taken delivery of new IS220D. Very pleased, though just spent 5 minutes this morning trying to work out how to operate the rear windscreen wiper before realising that there isn't one. Don't know if that's a Lexus peculiarity or just that I'm used to hatchbacks rather than saloons. Anyway, more relevantly, I made the mistake of buying the Lexus Ipod integration kit with the car. I've got the problem described here of no playlist names etc. showing up. But it looks like it's a pretty poor product even if I get them to fix that. The Vaistech sounds like a much better solution. I'm loath to start taking things to bits myself, so wonder if anybody has any information on competent UK-based fitters for this kind of kit? I'm in Stoke/Crewe area, but motivated enough to travel. Cheers, guys.

I have a 08 RX400h and also had the factory fitted Ipod kit. I recently purchased a Silverline Ipod kit for £200.00 supplied and fitted froma company called 12 volts in Southend, Essex. It works on the 6 CD selection buttons as follows :

1. Select song

2. Select Playlist

3. Select Artist

4. Select album

When you select button 3 you can then select button 4 for an album within that artist. When you select button 3 you can then selct button 1 for a song within that artist. It all works from the head unit and the steering wheel as well. It displays artist name, album name, playlist name and song title, very good unit and if you google the product you can see screenshots of the display

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 08 RX400h and also had the factory fitted Ipod kit. I recently purchased a Silverline Ipod kit for £200.00 supplied and fitted froma company called 12 volts in Southend, Essex. It works on the 6 CD selection buttons as follows :

1. Select song

2. Select Playlist

3. Select Artist

4. Select album

When you select button 3 you can then select button 4 for an album within that artist. When you select button 3 you can then selct button 1 for a song within that artist. It all works from the head unit and the steering wheel as well. It displays artist name, album name, playlist name and song title, very good unit and if you google the product you can see screenshots of the display

Thanks, Martin. I'll have a think and report back how I get on.

This is the big differenece between theSilverline (Dice) and the vais in that you can select a group within a group. The vais you can select songs by albulm OR artist not both - not helpfull if like me you have large ammounts by single artists. The new version can also be controlled by the headunit or the ipod simultaneously.

If you want to fit your self then the dice can be got for under £100

Fraid I found the vais to be lacking and will be ebaying mine shortly.

rgds

Stephen

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys

I have just had the Dice Silverline fitted into my Lexus RX400. It cost £160 (£110 for the kit, £50 to get fitted).

The sound quality is excellent although poor quality MP3's are shown up.

I am not too impressed with the navigation interface. Its quite fiddly and impossible to navigate quickly through tracks. I have found that the touchscreen display lags behind and sometimes will skip artists / albums on the Ipod. I also cant seem to browse directly by album. You have to select an artist first and then can browse albums within that artist only. I think I will have to organise playlists to get the most out of it. The radio doesn't display any song info even with text enabled. Only the touchscreen does which means you have to keep switching back to it to browse through tracks which can be a pain when you are using the sat-nav.

I am not sure if this is because I am using a Iphone 3g. I may try it with a standard Ipod to see if there is any difference. The smart mode also doesnt work with an Iphone meaning you cant use the Iphone directly to browse and play music - the Dice locks it out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links