Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lads,

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I have just received a recall letter for my 07 IS220d. It states "it has come to our attantion that........ under certain driving conditions the Malfunction Indicator Lamp turns ON (and the speed of the vehicle may be reduced to prevent damages to the engine). This is caused by the 5th injector malfunction"

Anyone else had this problem / issue? I just rang my local Lexus Dealer (I'm in Ireland) to arrange a time to fix it, they say it'll take up to 3 hrs and................. they don't have a car they can give me !!!!!!!!!! THAT REALLY ANNOYS ME !!!!! They have forecourts full of cars and they can't give me one for a few hours? :angry::angry::angry::angry:

My Mitsubishi was recalled 2 months ago for a seatbelt fix, i never had to leave the house. They came with a replacement car (exactly the same as my own........even in colour) and when the job was done they dropped back my car washed and valeted. I'm sick of **** customer service from Lexus am I'm off now to write to Lexus Ireland about it.

DB

i have a 56 plate 220d,i had the recall letter 3/4 months ago rang up booked it in got a rx400 courtesy car and two bottles of wine and a full valet for my trouble,

many more on here have had the same so dont let them fob you off.

they don't have a car they can give me !!!!!!!!!! THAT REALLY ANNOYS ME !!!!! They have forecourts full of cars and they can't give me one for a few hours? :angry::angry::angry::angry:

DB

they probably have none with a current tax disc .... lots of used cars have been sitting on the forecourts for ages ;)

forgot about the deisel, you get a full tank 2 bottles of wine and a cortesy car, this is apparently standard practice for the recall

Not at Lexus Leicester you don't. I got a courtesy car and that was it. If someone is having customer bottles of wine away I think I'm going to be asking some questions there. DIdn't get any when I took delivery and definitely not had any when it's gone in for warranty issues.

forgot about the deisel, you get a full tank 2 bottles of wine and a cortesy car, this is apparently standard practice for the recall

Not at Lexus Leicester you don't. I got a courtesy car and that was it. If someone is having customer bottles of wine away I think I'm going to be asking some questions there. DIdn't get any when I took delivery and definitely not had any when it's gone in for warranty issues.

Thats strange, when our IS220d went in we got:

-Tank of diesel (£40-£50)

-2 bottles of wine

-some food vouchers to use at greens fitness next door (while we wait)

and few weeks down the line £20 fuel vouchers!

I also got a RX400 as a courtesy car from Lexus Edinburgh due to warranty work... Only problem was when I took it back they wanted £15 admin charge for putting me on their insurance...

I have since had 2 loan vehicles from lexus Glasgow no charge on them and mine was returned with a full tank of diesel, when I wrote to Lexus to complain about issues with the car got the usual fob off letter and was told it is up to individual garages whether they charge for cars or not...

Shame for lexus as I run a fleet department that includes 50 cars which are either A4's or BMW 3 Series, many managers have asked me my opinion on the Lexus as a choice against audi/bmw, told them as they pay for their own fuel avoid the lexus unless they want a car with more toys, have shown the list of faults I have experienced and the response from Lexus. By doing this I know for certain 3 guys who were ready to place orders for a 220D and changed to audi.

Both Lexus and the dealerships need to take note that people do pass on their experiences to other people..

Well, mine had a similar recall here in Oxford a couple of months ago,....2 bottles of wine, £40.00 diesel, full valet, packet of mints, courtesy car,no charge..

It is going back in on Monday for pathetic fuel consumption. An IS 220d Sport, cruising up to York at the legal +VAt....34mpg. My old saab 3 litre turbo diesel would do 41-42 to the gallon on the same run. Running around locally I get between 27.5 and 29.6 mpg, the old SAAB would do 36-37mpg.

Anyone any clues? It had a remap and an injector clean on the recall as far as I can establish.

Love the toys, the audio system and the quiet cruise at speed...but the consumption is the pits :crying:

Ray

Same garage - I got no mints, no wine, told there wouldn't be a courtesy car - just got the derv. Shame the car was 3/4 full when it went in!

Same garage - I got no mints, no wine, told there wouldn't be a courtesy car - just got the derv. Shame the car was 3/4 full when it went in!

Is someone at Leicester pulling a fast one? When I had my 5th injector recall done at Hull recently I was told that the bottle of wine & £40 fuel was courtesy of Lexus. If this is so, then is a claim being made on the warranty account for the fuel & wine and going in to the dealership coffers?

Is someone at Leicester pulling a fast one? When I had my 5th injector recall done at Hull recently I was told that the bottle of wine & £40 fuel was courtesy of Lexus. If this is so, then is a claim being made on the warranty account for the fuel & wine and going in to the dealership coffers?

Put it this way, I rang twice to complain, and never got a call back. That was the point where we decided now was the time to defect. Even then, we did think about buying an IS250 Auto, but taking it else where for maintenance in the hope a 2008 car would have no rattles etc...

They don't do themselves any favours...

Put it this way, I rang twice to complain, and never got a call back. That was the point where we decided now was the time to defect. Even then, we did think about buying an IS250 Auto, but taking it else where for maintenance in the hope a 2008 car would have no rattles etc...

They don't do themselves any favours...

I went in on Friday 29th AUgust to have the brain reset after some work by a non-franchise garage. My salesman saw us and dared to ask how we were getting on with the car. Both barrells were emptied and told we were off back to Volvo as soon as we got the right deal.

An update...........

Was so ****** of by dealer telling me he couldn't give me a car I wrote a stinker of an email to Lexus Ireland. Lo and behold a very nice gentleman came back to me and informed me that they would be instructing a different Lexus dealership (opposite side of the city) to look after me which they duly did. Along with the 5th injector recall I gave them a list of warranty issues (mirror virbation, various rattles, drivers seat creaking etc) Last Monday morning they arrived at my place of work with a brand new IS250 (300km on the clock) and I've had it all week. They are replacing the drivers seat frame and hence the delay in returning mine but I will have it back Monday. :winky:

Have to say my IS220d is the first diesel I've owned but can't ever see me going back to petrol............. the 250 is nice but one thing missing...................... TORQUE ! Maybe its the fact that its so new but its as if you have to wait forever for something to happen when you put your foot down :blush:, you have to wait til you get to 4-5k rpm before anything of any note happens!

An update...........

Was so ****** of by dealer telling me he couldn't give me a car I wrote a stinker of an email to Lexus Ireland. Lo and behold a very nice gentleman came back to me and informed me that they would be instructing a different Lexus dealership (opposite side of the city) to look after me which they duly did. Along with the 5th injector recall I gave them a list of warranty issues (mirror virbation, various rattles, drivers seat creaking etc) Last Monday morning they arrived at my place of work with a brand new IS250 (300km on the clock) and I've had it all week. They are replacing the drivers seat frame and hence the delay in returning mine but I will have it back Monday. :winky:

Have to say my IS220d is the first diesel I've owned but can't ever see me going back to petrol............. the 250 is nice but one thing missing...................... TORQUE ! Maybe its the fact that its so new but its as if you have to wait forever for something to happen when you put your foot down :blush:, you have to wait til you get to 4-5k rpm before anything of any note happens!

I had a 250 recently as a courtesy car and I agree with you, the lack of low-end torque makes it feel slower than the 220D. However when you set it Sport and using the paddel shift you can drive quite fast, but I wouldn't see myself using the Sport mode very offen (plus the MPG drops substantially when in Sport mode, obviously). The only main advantage I saw on the 250 was the quietness of the engine at idle and low speeds.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links