Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Race Time!

My new girlfriend is into cars :D She keeps on at me to race her in her 206 GTi. I've said I'm not racing on the road but I'll more than happily take her on at santa pod or round a circuit.

Her car is standard apart from the exhaust backbox, and my lexus is standard bar a k&N panal filter.

I've no doubt she will do me on pullaway but I think once the lexus gets going I think I should have the edge.

So what do people think? Am I going to be ok here or Am I just going to end up looking silly? I wont hear the end of it if she beats me!.

it would be tight cos the 206 is sooooo much lighter as the speed gets up it is should start to pull away

Yep the weight is going to be the key factor, even the lower power version gets to 60 quicker than the IS...........I wouldn't do it :shutit: :)

i think you going to get your doors blown off. the big car not that good at getting off the mark. just hope she messes up the start or stalls.

good luck. my mate keeps smoking me in his glanza turbo, quite anoying lol but it is running 167bhp. nippy car

talking of races, well it wasnt really a race but this morning the road to work was CLEAR so i thought i would let it rip off the line at the lights. there was an a3 that i left stationary when i moved off. I was giving the car all it had, redline changes, the works.

This a3 caught up and overtook me while i was about to redline 4th!

I love the IS but y is it so desperately slow?!?!?!?!

Technically speaking, the little Pug has a better power to weight ratio but when you add around 300Kg for all the "Stuff" that girls always have in their cars, spare shoes makeup clothes, Vodka bottles, and a handbag full of house bricks then there is a much closer match..

Just to tip things in your favour, don't forget to spray a little Armourall on to her floor mats so's she is all over the place in her heels :winky:

talking of races, well it wasnt really a race but this morning the road to work was CLEAR so i thought i would let it rip off the line at the lights. there was an a3 that i left stationary when i moved off. I was giving the car all it had, redline changes, the works.

a3 1.8 or 2.0 turbo. pocket rocket. stay clear if you lookin a race lol or if it a s3 your f*cked. think they over 225bhp

When the 206 gets 1/2 day down the strip, it will have built up enough speed so that body panels will start to peel off. You've just got to hope it disintegrates before the finish line.

My mate had a 206 GTi, same spec. He went on to me about how rattley and tinny it was, I thought it was just because he'd come from owning a Mk4 Golf. Then he took me out in it and I had to bite my tongue, it was shocking, 80k on the clock and it sounded like it was falling apart.

I'm going to buck the trend and say I think the IS200 shifts, and my last car was a MG ZS180 (with a few tweaks too), it would hit 60 in less than seven seconds. I can't explain why I think the Lexus is quick, I think it's just the smooth and consistent way it builds up speed. On a country road the handling and brakes make up for the lack of power.

But yes in a straight line with a modern turbo diesel alongside it does show that it's not a quick car. Some crappy Kia Proceed diesel whupped me the other day. I still felt superior though lol.

Good luck with the race. Empty the boot out, including the spare wheel. And don't tell her about that track :)

a3 1.8 or 2.0 turbo. pocket rocket. stay clear if you lookin a race lol or if it a s3 your f*cked. think they over 225bhp

yeh i think thats what it must have been cos it literally came from nowhere!

just checked the a3's vitals on parkers and im thinkin it was a 1.8T.

Lucky i wasnt racing her or it would have been even more embarassing!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links