Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good Or Bad Buy?

punkyrules

Hi punkyrules

I have a 92 model and mechanically sound! Very reliable motor... in fact the most reliabilist i have ever had!

Keep up with servicing and maintenance and you will be a happy owner! :)

Hi punkyrules

I have a 92 model and mechanically sound! Very reliable motor... in fact the most reliabilist i have ever had!

Keep up with servicing and maintenance and you will be a happy owner!  :)

How much do you spend per year in maintenance costs for the vehicle?

Was there a point where when it reached a certain number of miles that the costs started to increase significantly?

Thanks

Umm.. I have had the car 3 years and apart from servicing I have had the following replaced bearing in mind my car has 100,000 miles on the clock

Shocks £60 each for font and £90 each for rear (electronic adjustable shocks too)

engine mount £20

Anti roll bar Bushes all round £20 (my choice as gave better ride afterwards)

new radiator £270

Intake inlet £40 (split becasue of engine mount)

in 3 years thats all i have had to spend!

50K mile ES would not need anyting apart from probably a new cam belt at 60K

Usuall things to go wrong

Engine mounts (rubber wear) replace every 80K

Dash speedometer lights burn out ( to prevent this keep dash lights down low)

I have not experienced anything else yet!

• 2 months later...

I know you posted in April but if you're still in the market for a 97 or a 98 I can tell you that if taken care of properly that car will last a very long time. I bought my 98 with 41,000 miles on it. From since the day I bought it, I religiously change the oil every 4,000 miles and I only use synthetic with a Mobil 1 oil filter. Mobil 1 Oil filters run about $12-13. I also have the tranny serviced every year. There is a tranny filter kit that is sold that is a filter/seal/tranny oil. My mechanic recommended I do this every year. Apart from the 60,000 service and Timing belt...I've had no issues with this car...It runs beautifully and is very reliable.

By the way my 98 now had 82,000 miles on it...at the rate this car runs...I can put another 250,000 on it with no problem.

• 1 month later...

the 97 98 are great es300's my favourites, my family ownes a 98 and it runs great. Just change your oil when required and take good care of it and who knows how many miles u an puton it we have about 80000 and the olny main expensie was the timing belt wich has to be replaced eventually.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links