Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dunlops And Bridgestones Only Recommended By Lexus?

Speaking to the service dept they said Lexus only recommend these two hence we only have these in stock - my garage a year or two ago changed mine to Pirellis however checking my boot tyre it's Michelin Pilot and I do have a memory when buying the car it was Michelins so has Lexus changed their recommended tyre(s) over the years?

BTW is it correct that you can have two of the same make on the front and two of the same make on the rear but not any other combination other than all the same make?

ATS Euromaster said they would swap my front passenger tyre with my rear driver however Lexus said you can't do this - is this correct?

On the IS200 do Goodyear Eagle F1s wear 'funny' - I heard?

I have one make on one side of my car, and another make of tyre on the other (not my choice, it came like that). Initially I thought that was a pretty dodgy setup, but Tony at WIM had a look at them and said it was fine, because they all have the same sort of unidirectional tread pattern, and a similar amount of tread.

So I imagine it depends on various factors really, if you want to swap things around.

On the IS200, there were 2 OEM tyres, Bridgestones and Dunlops. As far as I know they didn't come from the factory with anything else. However, people have used all sorts of tyres on here and no one has any problems.......I've got Eagle F1As and they've been fine so far :)

I had Bridgestone Potenzas all round about a month ago , switching from " Michelin Pilot Sports ,

must say i am pleasantly surprised how quite the Bridgestone's are , early days yet , but i am glad i chose the Bridgestones this time round !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links