Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oe Spark Plugs

ormi

does anyone know the part no for the oe spark plugs in the is200?????

cheers

ormi.

i just bought as set of denso ik20 for mine great job. think they are the original plug as people have said in forum. but just double check. got mine off eBay from england, but are cheaper from singapour just may take longer.

IS200's originally came with Denso SK20R11 iridium spark plugs fitted from the factory, these last 60,000 miles before they need changing- these are long-life plugs. Many people fit Denso IK20's as replacements as they can be bought a lot cheaper from US eBay, but the IK20's only last 30,000 miles.

Last time I checked, the Denso SK20R11's from my local Lexus dealer were £12 each plus VAT, where as you can buy a set of IK20's from US eBay for about £30. Whichever plugs you use, you need to use iridium plugs (Denso or NGK), I've heard that some people on LOC have tried Bosch Super 4's and they found that these are not as good as the Denso/NGK plugs.

Hope this helps.

IS200's originally came with Denso SK20R11 iridium spark plugs fitted from the factory, these last 60,000 miles before they need changing- these are long-life plugs. Many people fit Denso IK20's as replacements as they can be bought a lot cheaper from US ebay, but the IK20's only last 30,000 miles.

Last time I checked, the Denso SK20R11's from my local Lexus dealer were £12 each plus VAT, where as you can buy a set of IK20's from US ebay for about £30. Whichever plugs you use, you need to use iridium plugs (Denso or NGK), I've heard that some people on LOC have tried Bosch Super 4's and they found that these are not as good as the Denso/NGK plugs.

Hope this helps.

cheers people thanks for all the help!!! i work for toyota you see but we cant access the lexus parts list so i phoned them and asked but they wouldnt tell me unless i bought them from them!!!!!!!later found out the celica 190's use the same plugs along with some avensis's and corolla's!!!!!!woohoo! 6 plugs for the grand total of £0000 :whistling:

IS200's originally came with Denso SK20R11 iridium spark plugs fitted from the factory, these last 60,000 miles before they need changing- these are long-life plugs. Many people fit Denso IK20's as replacements as they can be bought a lot cheaper from US ebay, but the IK20's only last 30,000 miles.

Last time I checked, the Denso SK20R11's from my local Lexus dealer were £12 each plus VAT, where as you can buy a set of IK20's from US ebay for about £30. Whichever plugs you use, you need to use iridium plugs (Denso or NGK), I've heard that some people on LOC have tried Bosch Super 4's and they found that these are not as good as the Denso/NGK plugs.

Hope this helps.

must admitt i bought bosch super 4 thinking would be good plug but for some reason the car seemed to struggle a bit more at speed so changed to denso off eBay. much better. can honestly say i can feel the difference a bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Just doing a bit of research on this topic, & i found this DENSO IRIDIUM POWER IRIDIUM TOUGH

IS 200 - 2.0 i V-6 24V (JCE10) 114 1GE-FE 01/'99-> SK20R11 IK20 VK20

What the hell are the iridium tough plugs ??

IS200's a straight 6 not a V :unsure:

I've IK20's but I only do about 8k a year.

IK22's for supercharged BTW.