Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae Awards

janey

As always the competition was tough, with so many great cars on the stand over the weekend the judging was extremely hard, with many close calls.

Over the 4 main categories condition, care, love, effort & public and member reaction was taken into consideration (even in the 'silly' certificates section :whistling:)

So the winners & runners up are as follows:

Best In Show

1st Place.........Clafel

2nd Place........Aztecbandit

3rd Place.........Lazyboy

Best Modified

1st Place........Yemgi

2nd Place.......TonyGoose

3rd Place........Stav

Best Standard

1st Place........Inicol63

2nd Place.......Chris Shipley

3rd Place........Mole

Special Commendation

Lenny Lexus

And in the other categories

Furthest Travelled Member

Mole

Best Ice

Wozza

Special thanks to our hero's of the weekend....the 5-a-side team, the T-OW- team, and to Ellz, Norkep, Lazyboy & Kinga who took part in the individual games & brought us all together in one cheering mass post-7245-1220356798.gif

Well done to everyone and to be honest if I'd had my way (and we'd had more goodies) you'd all have got something as I think you all deserved to win.

JAE would be nothing without you all so roll on next year :D

If Mr Shipley & Mr Ali could pm me their address' I get your goodies in the post :winky:

Is Barrie in the local park throwing a rope round a tree somewhere? or in the chemist buying razor blades?....................he hasn't won anything this year, that cant be right!!....lol

Well done everyone :D

I was suprised Barrie didn't even place somewhere

Moderators/Management's cars were not entered in the 'car' categories this year :winky:

Another potentially stupid question. What are the definitions of "Modified" and "Standard" ?

I had initially thought that "Standard" meant "without any mods", but I guess that can't be right because there probably wouldn't be any cars that fulfilled that requirement ! :lol:

Does "Modified" mean "with supercharger" ?

Well done to all the winners and runners-up.

I think got most cars mentally paired-up with their owners, but which cars were Aztecbandit's and TonyGoose's ?

Mine is this one (think Johnboy took this picture - cheers mate ...)

Was only there on Friday so might not have seen it.

Surprised to get a mention .... :blush: but thank you very much all the same ...

TG

Another potentially stupid question. What are the definitions of "Modified" and "Standard" ?

I had initially thought that "Standard" meant "without any mods", but I guess that can't be right because there probably wouldn't be any cars that fulfilled that requirement ! :lol:

Does "Modified" mean "with supercharger" ?

Not necessarily modified can be anything really, engine, body etc.

Ian's, Chris's & Adrian's cars apart from maybe an aftermarket exhaust & TLC were basically how they came out of the factory, where as Yemgi's, Tony's & Stav's have had an array of bits done therefore taking them into the modified category.

Is Barrie in the local park throwing a rope round a tree somewhere? or in the chemist buying razor blades?....................he hasn't won anything this year, that cant be right!!....lol

Well done everyone :D

I had the satisfaction of letting my son win stuff this year

he managed to win best in show and most unique modified on the micra club stand :D

Hm, getting confused now :unsure: janey's post says mine is "best in show" and "best standard" is Inicol63.

Looking at the plate on my trophy, it states: "1st best standard"

Can anyone please explain the difference? (Not that I'd complain about the trophy :wub: , just unsure :question:)

Hm, getting confused now :unsure: janey's post says mine is "best in show" and "best standard" is Inicol63.

Can anyone please explain the difference? (Not that I'd complain about the trophy :wub: , just unsure :question:)

Opps looks like I may have handed you the wrong trophy Claude :blush: Must admit I was getting a bit confused at the time :whistling:

'Best in Show' was for the best car overall, quite simply yours was voted the car everyone would love to own and was perfect in everyway (not that Inicol63's isn't perfect too) 'best standard' was for the best car which hadn't had any modifcations done.

If both you & Ian are happy to keep the ones you have then we can leave it or if not maybe you can swap address's

Guest inicol63

Thank you guys for voting my car as the Best Standard.

I think we all done very well as a team at this years Jae so we are all winners.

I have Spoken to Johnboy and as i have not got a trophy as yet i really don't have a problem with what ever trophy i get as any trophy was a bonus for a great weekend.

I will collect what ever trophy Claude leaves behind from John on my return from my holiday.

Well done to all winners.

Guess i down the bank now to pay the judges what i owe lol ;)

Ian

Opps looks like I may have handed you the wrong trophy Claude :blush: Must admit I was getting a bit confused at the time :whistling:

'Best in Show' was for the best car overall, quite simply yours was voted the car everyone would love to own and was perfect in everyway (not that Inicol63's isn't perfect too) 'best standard' was for the best car which hadn't had any modifcations done.

If both you & Ian are happy to keep the ones you have then we can leave it or if not maybe you can swap address's

No problems Janey, these things may happen when there's a lot of prices to give away! ;)

I know what I got the trophy for, that's what counts. Many thanks for voting my car as such!

As Ian stated the trophy is an extra to remember a great weekend!