Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1jz-gteing Is200

That looks ace :D

Is there a lot of difference in the weight then between the doors you had and these of Mat's without the glass windows?

Yeah alot. Matt has cut a bit out of the doors but i'll be cutting even more out. Was thinking of even welding the rears in but then if they get dented smashed in they'd be the biggest pain in the arse to get out.

Are you respraying the car white Elliott ? The engine bay looks immaculate :D

Yeah i am, not leaving it multi coloured LoL.

Not sure on what colour yet i'm thinking matt black but really depends on price.

Got Monsters bonnet and wings with some other goodies taking them up to carbon place tomro to get the copying started.

Are you respraying the car white Elliott ? The engine bay looks immaculate :D

Yeah i am, not leaving it multi coloured LoL.

Not sure on what colour yet i'm thinking matt black but really depends on price.

Got Monsters bonnet and wings with some other goodies taking them up to carbon place tomro to get the copying started.

Dont get matt black :sick: :sick:

With all your hard work mate thats just going to spoile it.

But each to their own :D

Well tomro im going up to see Dixons honda integra type r which is in matt black so i'll take some photos for people to see.

Thing is usually white or black are the cheapest colours so its probably going to be one of those, thing is the monster is white and i dont wanna be a copy cat so might have to think something up. Zebra strips :D

Think the matt black would look pretty good matey with some decals on the car too B)

Have you got Mats arch extensions to copy then Ellz? :unsure:

Yep got the bonnet, arches with extensions on, and all the fuse covers and airbox to see if we can do something with them.

• 2 weeks later...
anymore updates on the ellz? :)

Not really bloomin engine mounts took 3 weeks instead of the quoted "couple of days" to get to me, but i now finally have them so i'll be going up to the workshop on thursday to get the engine in and start really moving on with the loom exhaust, manifold etc yippy.

Well today didnt go well, GS300 mounts changed in 1998, and I had been sent 1996 ones so now on the hunt for 1998 already got 1 inline just need another now :(

But on the up side think i've got a clutch and flywheel sorted yippy.

Edit

Spoke to soon looks like someone beat me too it, but if it doesnt go ahead im next on list :(

Sorry to hear about those mounts man. I was never sure as I said on which ones were the right ones. Get the post 97 brackets and space them from the block by 6mm and it will drop straight in.

Dont worry dude, had other people advise me and not even say about the age of the cars, got 1 on the cards already just need 1 more now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My mounts are wrong, if you looking in Gav's thread on his 2JZing you'll see the mounts.

Decided to get a GSX-R1000 for the summer so this wont be ready until 2010 season, but i'll be working full time so will be able to put some proper money into it instead of cutting corners.

My mounts are wrong, if you looking in Gav's thread on his 2JZing you'll see the mounts.

Decided to get a GSX-R1000 for the summer so this wont be ready until 2010 season, but i'll be working full time so will be able to put some proper money into it instead of cutting corners.

Best way, cutting corners only leads to bigger repair bills and time off the track. Something to look forward to nevertheless.