Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1jz-gteing Is200

Well test fitted them today, as i knew they would the stick out a bit LoL

Fronts

240920081413.jpg

Rears

240920081412.jpg

Fronts are also going to have spacers on not much about 5 - 10mm gonna need those 2 inch wide arches :D

240920081416.jpg

240920081414.jpg

We're also in the process of doing 2 other cars, both nissans one with a CA18 anohter with a SR20 seen here mocked up with intake and fuel rail, just after giving it a clean.

240920081421.jpg

240920081422.jpg

Well started to paint engine bay today, got 2 coats of primer done before i had to leave. Painting it white to help with finding fluid leaks if they accure, still not sure what colour the car will end up being, thinking black maybe matt black or greyish colour.

First coat

290920081434.jpg

Second coat

290920081433.jpg

Never sprayed anything before so steep learning curve, takes along time with all the rubbing down between coats

Just notice i think the photos are the wrong way round lol

Ok well after 4 coats of primer and 3 coats of gloss white and lots of rubbing in between.

011020081444.jpg

011020081445.jpg

And all finished

011020081448.jpg

Also got some TRD arch extenders for a supra, there a little large but with a little chopping might be able to get them to fit and then put them in the group buy.

• 1 month later...

hows progress going elliot?

Stopped LoL been working on other FP racing cars, taking the Nissan 200sx to Rockingham next weekend for its first test session, just need to finish a few things, maybe take to Tony for a basic set up etc.

Then when we get back its on to mine :)

How is the overall handling expected to be changed, the twin turbo being far heavier then the Lexus unit, will that cause lots of under steer?? Boy I wish I had the £'s to do the same to my IS200.

I hope you have a good contact in the tyre fitting industry :crybaby:

How is the overall handling expected to be changed, the twin turbo being far heavier then the Lexus unit, will that cause lots of under steer?? Boy I wish I had the £'s to do the same to my IS200.

To be honest not sure what the handling will be like but with WIM on the team and lots of testing we'll get her handling as best as we can :) Next year nippon challenge is 99% sure of having silverstone tyres as a sponsor so tyres will be a little cheaper than usually. But when needing 265+ wide things are bound to be a little pricey LoL

To be honest not sure what the handling will be like but with WIM on the team and lots of testing we'll get her handling as best as we can :) Next year nippon challenge is 99% sure of having silverstone tyres as a sponsor so tyres will be a little cheaper than usually. But when needing 265+ wide things are bound to be a little pricey LoL

weight of engine should be about the same.......

Doing Time Attack cost me £8k this year and i missed 2 rounds................get your piggy bank ready :whistling:

Doing Time Attack cost me £8k this year and i missed 2 rounds................get your piggy bank ready :whistling:

Well hopefully as i'm encorporating it into part of my college course i may be able to get a little funding. Also its not as much as Time attack, and we get more track time. We've had quite a few of the time attack guys coming over to us in the nippon, some good battles on track, next years going to be massive and really good to watch :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well hopefully as i'm encorporating it into part of my college course i may be able to get a little funding. Also its not as much as Time attack, and we get more track time. We've had quite a few of the time attack guys coming over to us in the nippon, some good battles on track, next years going to be massive and really good to watch :D

do you need a race licence for the nippon series ?

Also been on some track days to prepare ?

very interesting read

are you still running a stock rear axle, are you doing anything to strength the back end to handle all the extra power ???

Yeah going to make up some adjustable suspension, but matts rear end was handling 500-600 hp for many years, hes only jsut upgraded to a new diff recently.

do you need a race licence for the nippon series ?

Also been on some track days to prepare ? .

Yeah you do, got medical all done was going to do my ARD's test this weekend at Brands at the london motorsport show, glad i didnt now as it was rubbish weather.

Once car is done it will be track tested before racing to get any problems ironed out, and to get me used to the car

is this conversion the supra engine. what sort of price would it cost for somet like that compared to supercharging or turbocharging an is200 engine?

just curious

If you got a garage to do it, it would cost alot of money, but if you do it on your own not to much parts arent to expensive but can be a pain in the arse to get.

Found a truck turbo at the back of a storage container the other day looks like it could be a good fit for what im after, will save me £700 on a new one LoL

Well after a bit of research this truck turbo could be alright. Loads of positive reliablity comments on many forums, lots of the US guys use them on V8's etc. Someone posted on 1 forum back in feb of putting 1 on his 1JZ but no updates since.

Basically its a holset HX35W, used on Cummins diesel engines. Seen some people running it on 44psi for a few years. Seen one that exploded after 50psi and a shot of NOS so i think it should be ok for what im after. Only problem could be power delievery there are a few people that have said it will dump the bhp due to the large exhaust housing, basically 500hp all at once no smooth power line.

Also this has a internal wastegate so no need for buying a external one :D

Heres some photos of the turbo next to a HKS 28rs turbo capible of 300+

241120081534.jpg

241120081533.jpg

BIGGGGGGGGG :D:D:D:D:D:D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links