Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Urgent Help Please

GWilso

I've just checked the under the oil cap nothing there apart from a few splashes of oil i drove it around 20mins ago seems to be running as smoothly as normal

I had the fith injector replaced under warranty last week i'm wondering if it something to do with that?

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DROVE IT ?, CAN YOU CHECK UNDER THE OIL CAP, DOES IT LOOK CREAMY OR THROFFY. HOW IS IT RUNNING SMOOTH OR IS IT A BIT ROUGH?

COULD BE THAT IF THE FUEL/AIR MIXTURE IS OUT, SEEMS LIKELY. OTHER THING I MIGHT SUGGEST IS CAM BELT MIGHT BE SLIPPING. SMOKE LIKE THAT FROM THE ENGINE COULD MEAN 3 THINGS THAT I KNOW OF, BLOWN HEAD GASKET ALLOWING COOLENT INTO THE ENGINE. HENSE THE CREAMY OIL - ITS COOLENT EMULSYFYING IN THE OIL. IT DOEST SOND LIKE ITS THAT - BIG RELIEF, POOR FUEL MIXTURE, SOUNDS POSSIBLE IF THEY HAVE BEEN MESSING WITH THE INJECTOR, OR BADLY ADJUSTED TIMING, SOUNDS UNLIKELY IF ITS RUINNING SMOOTH. IF ITS UNDER WARRANTYY THEN YOU SHOULD BE OK ON ANYTHING SERIOUS. BUT IT DOESNT SOUND SERIOUS TO ME. IF ITS UNDER WARRANTY I ASSUME ITS NOT VERY HIGH MILEAGE WHICH SUGGESTS ITS NOT WORN PISTON RINGS. (WORN RINGS ALLOW OIL INTO THE COMBUSTION CHANGER). I VOTE FOR FUEL MIXTURE OUT. WHY DID U CHANGE THE INJECTOR?

I JUST REALISED U HAVE A DIESEL, EVEN MORE LIKELY THE INJECTOR.... White smoke occurs mainly during cold starts, when the fuel tends to condense into liquid and does not burn due to cold engine parts. The most common reason for white smoke are in-operative glow plugs low engine compression, a bad injector spray pattern, late injection timing or injection pump problems.

Thanks for the input mate much appreciated the car was towed away today by rac he told me that as i'd had the fith injector replaced that was the most lightly cause of the problem lexus phoned me a few hours later to say they could not find white smoke or any problems with the car??????????????

I JUST REALISED U HAVE A DIESEL, EVEN MORE LIKELY THE INJECTOR.... White smoke occurs mainly during cold starts, when the fuel tends to condense into liquid and does not burn due to cold engine parts. The most common reason for white smoke are in-operative glow plugs low engine compression, a bad injector spray pattern, late injection timing or injection pump problems.

Thanks for the input mate much appreciated the car was towed away today by rac he told me that as i'd had the fith injector replaced that was the most lightly cause of the problem lexus phoned me a few hours later to say they could not find white smoke or any problems with the car??????????????

I would insist on them checking the car again & even having it to test for a couple of days.

I noticed a similar problem especially after sitting with the engine idling (normally in congestion) & then accelerating, I reported it & was told that if the smoke was white then it was fine & probably only condensation. A week later it was being recovered because the manifold was full of soot. Coincidence? Maybe but better safe than sorry....

Great thanks for the info... its anoying me that this seems to be intermittent my service manager called me yesturday to say they had it on the ramps and could not find any white smoke and untill they find white smoke its hard to diadnoss the fault :unsure:

He's going to put it on the ramps again this morning and try it when its cold, but at this stage their just putting it down the cat converter being clogged up due to the change of the fifth injector he reckons the system is just clearing itslef out and should pass

I'm going on holiday on monday and parking at gatwick if i have a breakdown because of this i won't be responsible for my actions mr service manager... :whistling:

I would insist on them checking the car again & even having it to test for a couple of days.

I noticed a similar problem especially after sitting with the engine idling (normally in congestion) & then accelerating, I reported it & was told that if the smoke was white then it was fine & probably only condensation. A week later it was being recovered because the manifold was full of soot. Coincidence? Maybe but better safe than sorry....

I'd guess at - exhaust gas recirculation valve.

That's exactly right & that's what happened with mine, when it's in get them to check the manifold as well as that the dealer couldn't replicate the problem that I had & the next time that it broke down, they looked in there & it was full of soot which had built up as it couldn't go anywhere...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links