Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sticking Calipers

Saraj

Hi,

Determined that my rear passenger caliper is sticking, tried moving the back plate and still the scraping noise is still there whilst moving,

Has anyone got any tried and tested methods of stop it sticking?

dont really want to replace the caliper just yet

Thanks

Saj

Hi,

Determined that my rear passenger caliper is sticking, tried moving the back plate and still the scraping noise is still there whilst moving,

Thanks

Saj

have you took the pads out and made sure there nothing lodged in the pad like a stone or something, could cost you a disc if there is

Hi,

Thanks

Saj

have you took the pads out and made sure there nothing lodged in the pad like a stone or something, could cost you a disc if there is

yeah checked everything yesterday and i had the clip loose which was causing alot of noises when braking, but thats al ok now just the high pitch scrapping noise when driving

thanks for the advice about caliper repair kit will look into that now

Yeah i got the exact same problem, havent got a clue what it is. Took it to a garage down the road from me bt was a complete waste of time. The noise jst came back after a couple of days. Its sounded dodgy ever since it failed its MOT due to 'restricted free movement' and they reckoned they fixed it but thats how the squeaky noise started, been meaning to check it out myself for ages bt i dont really know what im looking for...plus i never usually have time :lookaround:

Usually the piston in the caliper gets slightly corroded and then it sticks , trouble is that the only real solve for this is to renew them , once the chrome plating has been penetrated by corrosion its too late to do anything , you might try to remove the caliper , unscrew the brake reservoir lid ( remember to put a rag around it first to stop any leakage ) then push the piston in and then have someone pump the pedal to push it out again (not all the way) then in , then out , you get the idea it may free things up but check the piston for any rust or pitting , you can get a piston repair kit and yes they are cheaper but you have got to have a little brake knowledge to fit them , after all it doesen't matter how fast it goes , if it don't stop it'll only go that fast that once .

Regards

Paul.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links