Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions On Vortex Fuel Savers Please

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow i did not think it would cause trouble asking a simple question!!

Don't worry I'll let you know if I get any further miles on a full tank than I've been having.

What people are missing that they say they are rubbish without trying the product first. I have done my research in checking the replies left from other eBay users. The two main sellers I've checked are 98% positive from buyers. They have 12,000 and 4,000 feedbacks on them. That many people can't all be wrong, So after reading the replies I decided to try.

Classic example is the products that say they increase boost(Nitrox Hot Shot,10K Boost Petrol De-Coke to name two). All the forums and mags(max power & revs mainly) where raving about it. Came to light is that they reduce power and don't work at all. They sell around the ten pound mark aswell. If you want to check the results out then Fifth Gear have the article somewhere on a previous programme. Might be on you tube somewhere.

Basic physics prooves these will not work plus I would not be too happy in putting anything so poorly made AFTER my air filter

P.S. Sorry for being patronising.

Sometimes it is needed.

What I like about these replies is that it's from people who haven't tried it or got one or even a LS400 at that.

They sell these for most cars, they just list it under your car model, because that is what you will be searching for!

Go through a tank or two and see what happens though. Be sure to post your results.

I like this one fella's , I think the bloke's a good un , read some of the questions its great .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=180285372273

:lol: Love it

Go through a tank or two and see what happens though. Be sure to post your results.

Trouble is, it's easy for there to be a "placebo" effect where you drive more gently than before because you've got fuel saving in mind, and then you "prove" that it does work after all :lol:

Well, I have just orderd the rubber band performance kit. I'm hoping for a 3 to 4,000 bhp gain in performance and a decrease in MPG by 1,500 to 2,000 mpg. Now if you will all excuse me, I'm just going to give my bank account details and sort code to Mr Abdugwabgwengo as I have to help him move 36,000,000.00 Uganded Dollars from his oil refining company.

Jim.

P.S. My sort code is 123456 and my bank account number is 12345678 and my pin no is 1234. My adress if needed is 66 fairy cake lane, englandshire, the world. Postcode is IM1 MUG.

P.P.S. Sorry for being patronising again. This time I'm blaming the bottle of cider I have just drunk.

Well, I have just orderd the rubber band performance kit. I'm hoping for a 3 to 4,000 bhp gain in performance and a decrease in MPG by 1,500 to 2,000 mpg. Now if you will all excuse me, I'm just going to give my bank account details and sort code to Mr Abdugwabgwengo as I have to help him move 36,000,000.00 Uganded Dollars from his oil refining company.

Jim.

P.S. My sort code is 123456 and my bank account number is 12345678 and my pin no is 1234. My adress if needed is 66 fairy cake lane, englandshire, the world. Postcode is IM1 MUG.

P.P.S. Sorry for being patronising again. This time I'm blaming the bottle of cider I have just drunk.

Could not stop laughing after reading this :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now I want some cider,but will settle for the Tennents I'm drinking :whistling:

who is supposed to be the mug here? im confused .com :unsure:

Follow the eBay link on the earlier posts to find out.

BTW I have asked the seller the following question

Q: Hi, After the postman had been to us yesterday I noticed what appeared to be one of your powerbands on my driveway which I assume must have fallen out of a package being delivered. Could you check your stock and see if one is missing and I will gladly return it. Obviously I have put it in a safe place as I appreciate how dangerous this item could be in untrained hands. I was going to try it on my own car but already have 250BHP and was worried about being able to handle the increase in power without advanced driver training plus it is still pi**ing it down and my brolley's broken. BTW I also have some motorcycle ashtrays listed that may be of interest to you at trade prices! Many thanks. 07-Sep-08

A: Motorcycle ashtrays! brilliant! i also stock motorbike parts! ive got a pas system for sale, you interesed?

It's just gets better lol!

I like this one fella's , I think the bloke's a good un , read some of the questions its great .

It's so funny I may buy some just for the crack .

Regards

Paul.

The questions keep coming! its on a lot of forums now too!!!

Me too!

Q: Hi there. Nice mod. I presume I can fit two to my Lexus, as it is a twin cam? It's a toss up between these or a fuel vortex generator, they look really good too. I can't beleive my supercharger cost thousands and these can probably provide the same power gains, am i right? 07-Sep-08

A: I'm afraid to say that the supercharger you have installed is inferior to the powerband, you can fit 2 to your car but you could brake the sound barrier so i would also advise purchasing some ear muff's.

Couldn't resist!!!

Mug

I believe (or stand to be corrected) that Fargo means this fella

Well I've bought one this week and will let you know how it goes over my standard week of a full tank of gas.
Give the money to the "let's get Wozza liposuction" fund :lol:

Wozza; let me know if it (Liposuction) works as I could lose a stone.....(And, thinking about it, lighter driver equals less fuel consumption? Job done!)

start a fund mate, but it may cost a lot even if they charge by the stone :o

Mug

I believe (or stand to be corrected) that Fargo means this fella

Well I've bought one this week and will let you know how it goes over my standard week of a full tank of gas.
Give the money to the "let's get Wozza liposuction" fund :lol:

Wozza; let me know if it (Liposuction) works as I could lose a stone.....(And, thinking about it, lighter driver equals less fuel consumption? Job done!)

start a fund mate, but it may cost a lot even if they charge by the stone :o

Well, if that IS you on the picture under your name, it looks a good way to sweat off a few lbs? Having fun?

Couldnt help it either..

Q: I currently have a TurboMagnetix Fuel saver and Vortex Power Max installed on my Subaru Justy. As its 4wd do I need 4 powerbands ? Also I'm concerned that all the extra power and mpg I'm already getting because of the vortex induction and magnetised fuel could be affected by the Powerband - Can you confirm that the performance of these will not be impacted? I dont want this device to warrant the other mods I bought useless (ie a waste of my money).

A: None of those mods are a waste of money! the power band is designed to work along side those modifications, however to get the best from it i suggest a resister chip and an exhaust clip in which has blue led's in it, nothing will match the power of the justy with these mods.

Edited by Mark W

Hey! WOZZA!! We's on the zeitgeist(German for "up to the minute'?) . Just seen a bit on local TV featuring a Catamaran that's cicumnavigated the globe, partly using bio-fuel.....made from 5 lbs of fat LIPOSUCTIONED from the Catain of the ship!!! Can we adapt this to our cars? Just plug ourselves in; go places AND get slimmer? :winky:

It's so funny I may buy some just for the crack .

Regards

Paul.

The questions keep coming! its on a lot of forums now too!!!

Me too!

Q: Hi there. Nice mod. I presume I can fit two to my Lexus, as it is a twin cam? It's a toss up between these or a fuel vortex generator, they look really good too. I can't beleive my supercharger cost thousands and these can probably provide the same power gains, am i right? 07-Sep-08

A: I'm afraid to say that the supercharger you have installed is inferior to the powerband, you can fit 2 to your car but you could brake the sound barrier so i would also advise purchasing some ear muff's.

Couldn't resist!!!

Yes I put a link on LOC US and Soarer central

Really, we must all be most grateful to Chunkz for starting this topic: 46 postings in 4 days must be a record. And I for one haven't larfed so much since my Aunt Mabel caught her left one in the mangle.

wow i did not think it would cause trouble asking a simple question!!

Don't worry I'll let you know if I get any further miles on a full tank than I've been having.

What people are missing that they say they are rubbish without trying the product first. I have done my research in checking the replies left from other eBay users. The two main sellers I've checked are 98% positive from buyers. They have 12,000 and 4,000 feedbacks on them. That many people can't all be wrong, So after reading the replies I decided to try.

Classic example is the products that say they increase boost(Nitrox Hot Shot,10K Boost Petrol De-Coke to name two). All the forums and mags(max power & revs mainly) where raving about it. Came to light is that they reduce power and don't work at all. They sell around the ten pound mark aswell. If you want to check the results out then Fifth Gear have the article somewhere on a previous programme. Might be on you tube somewhere.

if you find any difference at all it's more then likely you've altered your driving style rather then the product having an effect.

If you want to save fuel put a restricter inside your air intake to restrict how much air goes through, or put a tennis ball under the throttle pedal....

If you want to save fuel put a restricter inside your air intake to restrict how much air goes through...

On a carburetter engine, if you restrict the airflow, the engine will run richer - i.e. use more fuel. This is how a choke works. Dunno whether the same applies to an injected engine, but tampering with an engine of this sort is just asking for 'side effects' and will often make things worse.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links