Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions On Vortex Fuel Savers Please

Don't worry I'll let you know if I get any further miles on a full tank than I've been having.

What people are missing that they say they are rubbish without trying the product first. I have done my research in checking the replies left from other ebay users. The two main sellers I've checked are 98% positive from buyers. They have 12,000 and 4,000 feedbacks on them. That many people can't all be wrong, So after reading the replies I decided to try.

Any feedback on how well this has been working for you ?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah perhaps I should have added this :whistling:

Also bazgtr did say :

Well I've bought one this week and will let you know how it goes over my standard week of a full tank of gas.

- but the silence has been deafening ...

Just for the record. I bought one this week, But took 10 days to arrive so only had it at the beginning of last week. Was half way though the test, but some local hoddie used the side of my car as a place to run a key over the four side panels. Been having the scratch removed this week, So unable to finish the tank.

Also I have more than one car and don't drive it every day as been road testing the new Skoda fabia(Rubbish) and the new ford fietsa(Even worse). The ford has the worse location for the ignition key to find in the dark, Just can't see it or get your head around the steering wheel to find the hole(They need to put some hair around it).

Steve W - If you really can't wait for the results, Go and buy one and find out for yourself, Cheap enough.

When a do I full tank run I'll let you know.

If you want to save fuel put a restricter inside your air intake to restrict how much air goes through...

On a carburetter engine, if you restrict the airflow, the engine will run richer - i.e. use more fuel. This is how a choke works. Dunno whether the same applies to an injected engine, but tampering with an engine of this sort is just asking for 'side effects' and will often make things worse.

On a fuel injected engine there's usually an air flow meter that measures how much air goes into the engine and matches the fuel to it, if the air is restricted then the air flow meter will register the drop and the ECU will put in less fuel.

• 5 months later...
Or you could just drive the car as it is supposed to be driven - Just lifting off the accelerator pedal does exactly that - and your car runs how it should.

It's been a while and forgot tom leave some results from this item.

Firstly heres the results form the item fitted to my car.

The car was filled up at a local supermarket(Mor?) for all four tests using their petrol.

The car did with the item fitted on 95 octane to a full tank with the low level light coming on.

1) 330

2) 328

So tried the car with high octane fuel and was suprised with the results.

1) 310

2) 308

I found the car was worse on the high octane 98 fuel on the standard ECU so never going to use that dear stuff again on this car.

I will now remove the vortex and see how it goes on both fuels.

I know some people will mention more or less millage on their car but this was on my car with my driving style and weekly millage.

I will update the results from removing the item in due course.

I recently watched an episode of myth busters where they tried every fuel saving device on the market.

Not a single one saved on fuel, in fact a couple of them made fuel consumption worse.

Just my two penneth.

• 1 month later...
Or you could just drive the car as it is supposed to be driven - Just lifting off the accelerator pedal does exactly that - and your car runs how it should.

Or if you really really want to save fuel use a diesel supermini not a big V8 petrol....I work for dominos pizza the lexus is my second car my main one is a seat cordoba Vario (estate) diesel, it does way more then twice the mileage :lol:

• 1 month later...

The car was filled up at a local supermarket(Mor?) for all four tests using their petrol.

The car did with the item fitted on 95 octane to a full tank with the low level light coming on.

1) 330

2) 328

1) 310

2) 308

I found the car was worse on the high octane 98 fuel on the standard ECU so never going to use that dear stuff again on this car.

I know some people will mention more or less millage on their car but this was on my car with my driving style and weekly millage.

Well after a few weeks I can report this result to settle the myth once and for all hopefully.

I have now removed the device and refilled the car with the same supermarket unleaded fuel as before to see if there is a change in the result of the millage on one tank.

The result of the test of the item removed is as follows.

A) 315

B) 318.

This result shows that my car done more millage with the same fuel and trip as before with then item fitted. It done around 10 to 20 miles a tank more with the item fitted.

So my own opion I say the item does work but not as much as they say, But a worthy investment as only around £5 to buy, So after a few tanks fulll of petrol you should have had your money back on the item.

Before the arguements all I can say it worked on my car for the test which took a few months to do.

The most suprising result was the car run worse on high octane fuel compared to 95 octane fuel.

I'm now offf to try a air induction kit to see if that is any better than the standard air box.

Will post results when ready to do so.

I don't think 10 - 20 miles a tank difference is something to write home about. The difference is that small that you can question if it really is the vortex saver. You'd probably get the same result when you drive the next tank wearing a pink hat :)

If this silly Vortex thing really works, I will eat my LS 400.

What will you have for pudding?

You can eat my LS for pudding if you want?

In all seriousness though, there are so many other variables that need to be considerd before you can say the fuel saver actually works. 10 to 20 miles extra might have somthing to do with a lighter foot, outside temperatre, tyre inflations, belief that the fuel saver works etc.

Not convinved at all in my opinion but pleased you think it has worked for you.

Jim.

Thank you for your kind offer, Jim, but I think after eating an LS400 I had better forego pud and finish off with a Suzuki Cappuccino.

(Sorry)

In all seriousness though, there are so many other variables that need to be considerd before you can say the fuel saver actually works. 10 to 20 miles extra might have somthing to do with a lighter foot, outside temperatre, tyre inflations, belief that the fuel saver works etc.

Jim.

I drive the same way everywhere very high speed motorway and flat out on the corners. This LS does drift. There are extras to consider but I done this test over a few months not a few weeks when traveilling to work on the same pattern and times. It was the nearest I could get to do the same trip.

As for 10 miles not to write home about I state this. 10 miles costs you x amount. How many full tanks of fuel will it take to get the x amount back and the item pays for itself as the item is only around £5. Not many miles in the LS for £5 these days.

What I was suprised at is that the high octane fuel made fuel consumption worse.

This test was done for the benefit of fellow owners to make their own mind up.

Jim.

I drive the same way everywhere very high speed motorway and flat out on the corners. This LS does drift. There are extras to consider but I done this test over a few months not a few weeks when traveilling to work on the same pattern and times. It was the nearest I could get to do the same trip.

As for 10 miles not to write home about I state this. 10 miles costs you x amount. How many full tanks of fuel will it take to get the x amount back and the item pays for itself as the item is only around £5. Not many miles in the LS for £5 these days.

What I was suprised at is that the high octane fuel made fuel consumption worse.

This test was done for the benefit of fellow owners to make their own mind up.

I understand what you say, but for the small amount you have saved, it's not really scientific. If it were to be an extra 30 to 40 miles, then I would have found it more believeable. No one is going to be able to drive their car exactly the same way every single time. You will have to wait at traffic lights longer on some days than others, you might have to queue at a junction for longer on some days. To really find out if it has made a difference, I would imagine you would have to have your vehicle set up in a lab, being controlled by computer, replicating a driving style exactly using a fuel saver, then then without. At least then you can controll all the variables. I would be more inclined to believe those figures more, but I would also like to state that I am not saying your figures are wrong either as you probably have been able to replicate your driving style exactly between using the fuel saver and not using it. I personally would believe it alot more if it was scientific. Thats all.

Have a good weekend.

Jim.

1) 330

2) 328

1) 310

2) 308

Well after a few weeks I can report this result to settle the myth once and for all hopefully.

I have now removed the device and refilled the car with the same supermarket unleaded fuel as before to see if there is a change in the result of the millage on one tank.

The result of the test of the item removed is as follows.

A) 315

B) 318.

This result shows that my car done more millage with the same fuel and trip as before with then item fitted. It done around 10 to 20 miles a tank more with the item fitted.

So my own opion I say the item does work but not as much as they say, But a worthy investment as only around £5 to buy, So after a few tanks fulll of petrol you should have had your money back on the item.

Before the arguements all I can say it worked on my car for the test which took a few months to do.

The most suprising result was the car run worse on high octane fuel compared to 95 octane fuel.

I'm now offf to try a air induction kit to see if that is any better than the standard air box.

Will post results when ready to do so.

Its witchcraft I tell thee, burn him, burn the witch. :D

Leave the lad alone, he was only trying. And he did post his findings

But yeah, you can't just test a car like that for fuel consumption cos just as one of the last posts said, different things happen every day on the road and even if its the same journey it wont be 100% replicated.

And steve - i looked for your question on that e-bay link and the guy has withdrawn his advert and its items have been removed - He took his money and ran - that should answer all questions about whether this air vortex works or not.

At the slightest of words against his product and "ppheeww, just like that he was gone".

A proper company would sell via their own website or high street shop. The guy would not still be sat at home selling his box of imports on e-bay if it really was a top quality product.

I admittedly was interested when i 1st saw it ages ago, but common sense got the better and I couldnt work out how such a cheap bit of kit was built with such expensive metals (his selling point was aircraft grade alloy) - yeah right mate, at a tenner????? I have worked in the aircraft industry and the only cheap thing on aircrafts is the headphones & the food :sick:

Fair play to Baz for his efforts and his findings, but mate you gotta forget about the fuel on the LS, its always gonna be dearer than your mates cars but its just accepting and balancing it all out really - cos you know how uncomfy and crap most other cars are. You own a quality motor fella, better than the Merc's you always wanted as a kid...these things come with a cost. Yeah i too am struggling with cash, but the Lexus will be the last to go as swapping it will be costlier as most old cars need a mechanic every six months anyway.

Here's some more money saving tips -

Dont do drifting in the LS400 - the control arms are crap mate

Drink less beer & smoke less (the biggest of most of my mates bills who cant believe i can afford the fuel in my LS)

You go shopping instead of the missus

but remember - less beer, if that bores you get a new missus, they're good for a few months at least

Get cable TV & not sky cos you can sneak past the bills and still get all channels

Cheers for your efforts anyway Baz, I see you got some stick and you didnt even start the post

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links