Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Non Smokers: What Do You Use Your Ashtray For?

japthree

I am sorry to hear of your father, and I genuinly mean that.

Thanks. He's hoping to prove the doctors wrong. They said 9-12 months and its been 9 and he's still around. You expect that there's all kinds of things that they can do these days but with lung cancer its rarely detected early so 75% die within a year :sad:

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if you can get a nice aux cover for the cigarette lighter socket instead of having the lighter itself?

My missus has a Fiesta that has a nice plastic cover, I keep meaning to try that and see if it fits...

What I would really like is to replace the ashtray with some kind of dock for my iPod Nano. That would be really cool. Wiring in power underneath from the cigarette lighter too!

How many would you like! i get 1000000 of them at work! Come in all the new cars and we take them out!

Tom.

i'll have one off you too mate.

i'll have one off you too mate.

Sorry to nag but I'd still like one too Tom please.

Last weekend we were at the Ford garage and were sat in the new Fiesta. I was soo tempted to nick the socket cover one out of that car for my Lexus!!!! But then thought it was a bit dishonest really.

• 4 months later...
dsc01176rr8.th.jpg

i use it to house a remote bass controller for my sub. i ran a couple beads of black silicone on the underside to keep it in place.

dsc01177kq5.th.jpg

...and yes, my wife has scratched my knob with her ring!!! :yahoo:

Thanks you have just given me an idea for when my basslink turns up in the post.

i drilled a hole at the back of the ash tray to get the wire through. i wouldnt recomend drilling it in situe, as the airbag controller is directly under it. i was too lazy to remove it all and glanced the airbag controller housing, no damage tho (Phew)

i thought it was a good idea putting it there, as any little ****s looking to break in and steal anything wont see anything worth pinching (sorry, its a bit of a sore subject)